Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless does not reconnect sometimes.

Wireless does not reconnect sometimes.

Big_Al

I am guessing but my laptop is only a 2Ghz Dell Inspiron 6000. 2 gig
of memory though, but now and then I can do or que up enough work that
the whole system goes slow. Specifically Facebook. And I'm not
complaining, its only on odd occasions too. But when the PC gets over
taxed, the wireless disconnects. I may even get a "cannot connect with
wireless networks" indicating to me that it tried to reconnect.

The question is, when I've closed all the jobs and the PC is flying
again, why doesn't the wireless reconnect withing a typical few minutes?
It will if I do it manually, and it will if I hibernate and come
back, but just sitting there, it does nothing. (Or at least I can say I
don't wait long enough, like more than 15 minutes??)

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
The wireless should not be affect by the load on the computer unless this
load is related directly to Network activity that runs through the wireless.
It might be that your Wireless signal is very low and thus disconnects and
do not connect back as long as the signal is Low.
More info about the Wireless client, and Wireless source is needed in order
to provide better answer.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...