Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows live mail error message

windows live mail error message

bardeban

Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
can anybody help here please?
windows7 32 bit
windows live mail
2gb memory
3.8ghz system
I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.
TIA

bardeban

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:40:40 -0400, "bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
>>unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or
>>no

> So - do you have unsent messages? Are you saying yes to send them?
>
>>also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!

> Newsgroup? Just one? All of them?
>
> What error message or what happens?
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
> address.

Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I close my
window live mail and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I
want to send them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
newsgroup.

Mike Easter

bardeban wrote:
> Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
> unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
> also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
> can anybody help here please?
> windows7 32 bit
> windows live mail
> 2gb memory
> 3.8ghz system
> I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.

So, you are saying your DT is Win7 WLM and it sometimes has trouble
connecting to your news server and your smtp server.

Your headers indicate eternal-september for your news server and likely
a sympatico.ca connectivity in an unmunged From.

Sympatico's mail support page^1 has this information:

SMTP Server: smtphm.sympatico.ca
Port: 25 (or 587 if port 25 does not work
Authentication: Yes User name: Email address (e.g: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
or (E-Mail Removed)) and password (e.g.: a123456z)
TLS/SSL Required: Yes (select TLS if available, if not, select SSL)

Another bell/sympatico page has this link to getting help with Win7 and
WLM http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15 Mail Client
Portal

^1 http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?me...ontent_id=1067
Mail server settings

If your DT has general connectivity problems you should spell that out
here in the form of specific copied and pasted alert messages. If your
DT has only news or mail connectivity problems you should paste those
alert messages here.

--
Mike Easter

bardeban

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:01:30 -0400, "bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I close
>>my
>>window live mail and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I
>>want to send them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
>>newsgroup.

> Ok, so like I said:
>
> So - do you have unsent messages? Are you saying yes to send them?
>
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
> address.

Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I want
to close my window live mail, I get the same message!

bardeban

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:12:24 -0400, "bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I
>>want
>>to close my window live mail, I get the same message!

> Ok, sorry, maybe I feel like I'm pulling teeth here, but that's one
> question answered.
> Have you looked in your unsent /drafts folder? See where I'm going
> here?
>
> Look in unsent / drafts. Do you have a message or messages in there?
> Delete them if need be.
> --
> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
> address.

I checked them all and there are no message(s) to be send!

Mike Easter

bardeban wrote:

> Regardless of answering yes or no to the message received, next time I
> want to close my window live mail, I get the same message!

Look in your Outbox and opt to display all messages whether they are
read or not. If there is a message in there, delete it. If it is
something important, save it before you delete it.

I don't understand why you aren't getting some kind of alert about any
kind of problem sending what is in the outbox unless you have your time
out set very high and you are not waiting for it.

When OE or WM (windowsmail) or WLM have an unfinished task such as
something in the outbox which isn't happening, there is going to be
'trouble' getting the agent to do anything else, such as access a newsgroup.

--
Mike Easter

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

bardeban wrote:

> Actually there is no error message, just one window pops up after I
> close my window live mail

"after I close my window live mail"

> and asks me "there are unsent messages in my outbox, do I want to send
> them now?" and while I get this window, I can not access any
> newsgroup.

You cannot access any newsgroup "after I close my window live mail."
Makes sense to me...

--
-bts

Peter Foldes

Uncheck your Read Receipt options. This caused by WLM trying to send confirmation
that you read the message

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hr4fmc$eaf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have unsent
> messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
> also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
> can anybody help here please?
> windows7 32 bit
> windows live mail
> 2gb memory
> 3.8ghz system
> I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.
> TIA

chuckcar

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hr4fmc$eaf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you
> have unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?"
> yes or no also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
> can anybody help here please?
> windows7 32 bit
> windows live mail
> 2gb memory
> 3.8ghz system
> I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.

That means that a) your email server (which you don't specify, but from
your headers almost certainly is pophm.sympatico.ca either isn't
acknowledging your request to send it email because a) it is either down
or b) your settings for it are wrong in WIndows Live Mail. These
settings are known by sympatico techs which you get through 560-surf.
Your problem with using usenet is completely unrelated and has to do
with whatever server you use use for usenet - which can't be sympatico
as they no longer run usenet service.

To fix the problems we would need no know (aside from user names and
passwords which you must know and absolutely verify by yourself) in the
"accounts" settings for pop, smtp and nntp servers as you have
configured in windows live mail. without these, we have no way of
verifying if your settings are incorrect. (and whoever your usernet
provider is, but since you are using eternal september for posting this
message - as am I and it's working fine, can't be the problem.

So we need a) the servers you use for email and usenet or nntp as it's
sometimes called. b) the ports that they are set up to use as they are
currently set in windows live mail and c) any other settings the
aforementioned may have aside from user names and passwords for the
above.

Without these, we can tell you nothing. Also you don't give a full error
message which we absolutely need as well.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

VanguardLH

bardeban wrote:

> Every time I close my windows live mail, I get windows saying " you have
> unsent messages in your outbox, would you like to send them now?" yes or no
> also when I get this message, I can not access newsgroup?!
> can anybody help here please?
> windows7 32 bit
> windows live mail
> 2gb memory
> 3.8ghz system
> I am posting this message from my Laptop not my desktop.
> TIA

The WLM group is thatta way ---> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop