Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to print Java Tutorial?

How to print Java Tutorial?

Clarence Blumstein

I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

Eric Sosman

On 4/26/2010 7:01 AM, Clarence Blumstein wrote:
> I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
> convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

No. Quite aside from copyright issues, it's stupid. Laser
printing costs around 5 cents per page, inkjet around 9. The
book has 672 pages, so that's $34 to do it on a laser printer,
$60 on an inkjet. Meanwhile, Amazon offers the book, already
printed and bound with no time and effort on your part, for $38
new and "from $28" used.

--
Eric Sosman

Daniel Pitts

On 4/26/2010 5:22 AM, Eric Sosman wrote:
> On 4/26/2010 7:01 AM, Clarence Blumstein wrote:
>> I download sun java Tutorial, but I want to print it , cause it's un
>> convenience to read, do you suggest me to print it?

> No. Quite aside from copyright issues, it's stupid. Laser
> printing costs around 5 cents per page, inkjet around 9. The
> book has 672 pages, so that's $34 to do it on a laser printer,
> $60 on an inkjet. Meanwhile, Amazon offers the book, already
> printed and bound with no time and effort on your part, for $38
> new and "from $28" used.

Not to mention it is much less convenient to "click a link" on a printed
page