Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: I have a problem with this:

Re: I have a problem with this:

Peter

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, sheldonlg
<sheldonlg> says...
> On 5/11/2010 1:47 PM, Jeremy J Starcher wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 May 2010 13:20:24 -0500, Jenn wrote:
> >

> >> Really? You would help me?? All the tools I had to use were on my work
> >> computer. I think I have SQL Server Management Studio Express on my
> >> laptop but I'd have to look. What software would I need to try this?
> >> I'm not even a novice at php tho... I've never even tried to code it.

> > I'm a fan of a product called 'easyPHP' that comes with the Apache web
> > server, PHP (of course), MySQL and another less commonly used version of
> > SQL.
> >
> > (Go for the one with PHP v5.2 .. PHP 5.3 has some bugs from what I've
> > been hearing and I've been advised not to upgrade.)
> >
> > Since I'm not a web admin, it was very nice having everything in one
> > brain-simple package and it serves as my primary testing ground.
> >
> > (I also have a Linux server as a testing ground because of the way some
> > things are case sensitive under *nix, but not under Windows.)
> >
> > The others are right though, server side code requires a great deal more
> > care and careful consideration. Although it is outside of the range of
> > this discussion, but there are some coding patterns that can make it much
> > easier to include all of the checking that needs to be done.

> My advice, certainly for learning purposes, was to get a shared hosting
> service (Dreamhost, GoDaddy, etc.). That way she doesn't have to worry
> about maintaining a server or Apache or anything else. She can learn
> php and MySQL and let them do all the admin work.

So you wouldn't recommend server software such as Wampserver?

--
Pete Ives

Peter

In article <hs9s3h$6jg$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)areswhatthisemailisanyway says...
> <sheldonlg> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > On 5/10/2010 4:01 PM, Jenn wrote:
> >> Yes ... very true ... I haven't really gotten into any db driven sites,
> >> although I've studied how to do them.... been a while tho.

> > Other than shopping carts (like ZenCart) and the like, where all the work
> > has basically been done for you, all the rest will require knowledge of
> > how to code server code and knowledge of databases.
> >

> As I said before ... I'm familiar with some db coding, but never had the
> chance to progress after the training I got because my IT trainer left last
> year. Soooo ... I make due and keep working.

And it doesn't mean you wouldn't be capable of learning as you go.
Though others here may disagree. It all depends upon how logical a
person you are. Chances are, from what you say you've done as far as web
design is concerned, you may be more left sided brain than right sided
(or is it the other way round?), though who knows?

--
Pete Ives

Jenn

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In article <hs9s3h$6jg$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> (E-Mail Removed)areswhatthisemailisanyway says...
>> <sheldonlg> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> > Other than shopping carts (like ZenCart) and the like, where all the
>> > work
>> > has basically been done for you, all the rest will require knowledge of
>> > how to code server code and knowledge of databases.
>> >

>> As I said before ... I'm familiar with some db coding, but never had the
>> chance to progress after the training I got because my IT trainer left
>> last
>> year. Soooo ... I make due and keep working.
>>

> And it doesn't mean you wouldn't be capable of learning as you go.
> Though others here may disagree. It all depends upon how logical a
> person you are. Chances are, from what you say you've done as far as web
> design is concerned, you may be more left sided brain than right sided
> (or is it the other way round?), though who knows?

beats me .. LOL They say if you're right handed that you are left
brained.. maybe?
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

Neredbojias

On 11 May 2010, "Jenn" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> In article <hs9s3h$6jg$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
>> (E-Mail Removed)areswhatthisemailisanyway says...
>>> <sheldonlg> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> As I said before ... I'm familiar with some db coding, but never
>>> had the chance to progress after the training I got because my IT
>>> trainer left last
>>> year. Soooo ... I make due and keep working.
>>>

>> And it doesn't mean you wouldn't be capable of learning as you go.
>> Though others here may disagree. It all depends upon how logical a
>> person you are. Chances are, from what you say you've done as far as
>> web design is concerned, you may be more left sided brain than right
>> sided (or is it the other way round?), though who knows?
>>

> beats me .. LOL They say if you're right handed that you are left
> brained.. maybe?

Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Jenn

Neredbojias wrote:
> On 11 May 2010, "Jenn" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>> In article <hs9s3h$6jg$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
>>> (E-Mail Removed)areswhatthisemailisanyway says...

>>> And it doesn't mean you wouldn't be capable of learning as you go.
>>> Though others here may disagree. It all depends upon how logical a
>>> person you are. Chances are, from what you say you've done as far as
>>> web design is concerned, you may be more left sided brain than right
>>> sided (or is it the other way round?), though who knows?
>>>

>> beats me .. LOL They say if you're right handed that you are left
>> brained.. maybe?

> Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?

.... or they could be a genious lol

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jenn wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?

> ... or they could be a genious lol

.... or they could spell lol

--
-bts

Jenn

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jenn wrote:
>
>> Neredbojias wrote:
>>> Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?

>> ... or they could be a genious lol

> ... or they could spell lol

This is the internet .. correct spelling, punctuation, or even common
courtesy(it appears) is not required at any given moment in time.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

Neredbojias

On 11 May 2010, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:

> On 5/11/2010 11:18 PM, Neredbojias wrote:
>> On 11 May 2010, "Jenn"<(E-Mail Removed) y>

>>> beats me .. LOL They say if you're right handed that you are left
>>> brained.. maybe?

>> Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?
>>

> No, it means that we have the equivalent of two brains. OK, Ok, I am
> right handed, but I can do pretty well even writing with my left
> hand.

Well, I'm not ambidextrous, but get a load of this. I write with my
right hand and pitch with my left. Honest. Throwing things and the
like, it's southpaw; for finer work it's righty. Well, most of the
time. I actually scratch my ass with my left hand but then it's
usually the left cheek that itches. Picking my nose, however, is
predominantly righty (unless I do both nostrils at once.)

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

Neredbojias

On 11 May 2010, "Jenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> On 11 May 2010, "Jenn" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

>>> beats me .. LOL They say if you're right handed that you are left
>>> brained.. maybe?

>> Does that mean everyone who isn't ambidextrous is half-brained?

> ... or they could be a genious lol

Being a genius is overrated. Microsoft supposedly hires nothing but
genii and look at the crap they come up with.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

freemont

On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:35:26 -0500, Jenn writ:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Jenn wrote:

>>> ... or they could be a genious lol

>> ... or they could spell lol

> This is the internet .. correct spelling, punctuation, or even common
> courtesy(it appears) is not required at any given moment in time.

Epic fail.
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"