Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Laptop Repair via UPS?

Re: Laptop Repair via UPS?

chuckcar

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I was surprised to find out that MANY laptop repairs are done by UPS
> employed technicians right at the main UPS facility in Louisville
> Kentucky. When you think about it what better place exists? Laptops
> arrive right at the facility via UPS. Get right to the techs, techs
> have access to parts right there at UPS, then ship right out via UPS
> when they are done.
>
> I forget the exact figures but their are around 60 techs at UPS and
> they turn out a remarkable amount of repair.

Three people required: One to find restore disks for that model, one to remove
any non-factory hardware and run the disk, one to throw out computers that don't
boot and have nothing wrong in device manager after #2 and package and send the
new laptop to customer. Not exactly rocket science.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )