Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Microoft press training kit - sufficient to pass MCITP core exams?

Microoft press training kit - sufficient to pass MCITP core exams?

Trust No OneŽ

Hi all,

My last venture into Microsoft certification was the NT4 MCSE many years
ago.

I work in IT with around 10 years experience in W2K and W2K3.

After careful thought I've decided that I'd like to go for the Windows 2008
MCITP rather than the 2003 MCSE certification. Having both would be nice
but beyond my budget!

I've purchased the Microsoft self-paced training kit for the Server 2008
Enterprise Administration core requirements. I've also invested in the
Windows 2008 resource kit. I do have an appropriate home network and can
also use the test lab at work.

Was after opinions as to whether the MSFT training kit + real world
experience (albeit W2K3) is sufficient to pass the core exams. Has anyone
been there done it?

Thoughts appreciated.

--
Peter <X-Files fan>

Mitch Garvis, MCT

Hi Peter,

While all of what you mentioned is good, you should have some real world
experience with Server 2008. Barring 'real world' you should make sure to
at least install and work with the products in a lab environment... build it
out and know the products because despite many similarities there are also
huge differences.

Good luck!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...