Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Microsoft security Essentials

Microsoft security Essentials

Peter victor

Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your
home PC that guards against

viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Follow the link to get detailed description:
http://www.ezdia.com/Microsoft-Secur...tent.do?id=750

Leythos

In article <2ab1a704-ed51-4f39-abf0-301e69b40c21
@g30g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your
> home PC that guards against
>
> viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
>
> Follow the link to get detailed description:
> http://www.SPAMMER.com/Microsoft-Sec...Content.do?id=

750

Why not link to the MICROSOFT site instead of some spammer site?

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Leythos wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Microsoft Security Essentials provides ...
>> Follow the link to get detailed description:
>> http://www.SPAMMER.com/Microsoft-Sec...Content.do?id=

> Why not link to the MICROSOFT site instead of some spammer site?

"Peter victor" is a content thief as well as a spammer. All of his spams
show the content of others buried in a frame. In this case, it is just
some guy's blog.

And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

--
-bts

Leythos

In article <hqs4uv$5lp$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
> who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

Hey, that's what I tell people when they want to run MSE - great
minds....

On May 15th, Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

> On April 23rd, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
>> who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

> I don't follow your reasoning.
> Please explain.

What's not to follow? Microsoft employees write the Windows operating
systems. They are terribly vulnerable to malware. Microsoft employees
write the Microsoft Security Essentials anti-malware application. If
they can do that, why can't they fix the operating system that needs it?

--
-bts
-Linux viruses: a few dozen, and they only exist in the lab

David H. Lipman

From: "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| On May 15th, Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:

>> On April 23rd, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>>> And ... would you trust an anti-malware program written by the people
>>> who wrote the OS that requires it? <lol>

>> I don't follow your reasoning.
>> Please explain.

| What's not to follow? Microsoft employees write the Windows operating
| systems. They are terribly vulnerable to malware. Microsoft employees
| write the Microsoft Security Essentials anti-malware application. If
| they can do that, why can't they fix the operating system that needs it?

Whic is why you want to steer away from mono-culture software.

When I say mono-culture software that is the OS, applications and security software all
written/produced by tha same vendor.
Such as; MS Windows, MS Office, MS Security Essentials, etc., on the same plaform.

--
Dave

David H. Lipman

From: "Moe Trin" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| Oh, so you don't like OSX either?

I haven't used it and so I can't comment on it.

However, I'll bet it has a much lower impact on IA resources.

--
Dave