Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

Curt

"Jane Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9D61AB9DCBE2DJaneGgulchxyz@216.196.97.142. ..
> Wow this is amazing.
>
> I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on a
> wire
> stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind the
> desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
>
> I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
>
> Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and usb
> plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
> ( smoke, flames....)
>
> It works!
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

You don't say whether the drive was standing vertical in the supplied base,
or laying flat. I have the same drive and made sure to lay it flat to
decrease the possibility of such an accident. Desktop space is always a
consideration, but if at all possible lay the drive flat. The drive might
not survive another incident.

Curt