Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

NotMe

"Jane Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9D61AB9DCBE2DJaneGgulchxyz@216.196.97.142. ..
| Wow this is amazing.
|
| I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on a
wire
| stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind the
| desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
|
| I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
|
| Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and usb
| plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
| ( smoke, flames....)
|
| It works!
|
| - Jane Galt

Best to back up the data and soon. Then don't plan on using the drive to
store mission critical data.

NotMe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| NotMe wrote:
| > "Jane Galt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:Xns9D61AB9DCBE2DJaneGgulchxyz@216.196.97.142. ..
| > | Wow this is amazing.
| > |
| > | I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on
| > wire
| > | stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind
the
| > | desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
| > |
| > | I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
| > |
| > | Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and
usb
| > | plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
| > | ( smoke, flames....)
| > |
| > | It works!
| > |
| > | - Jane Galt
| >
| > Best to back up the data and soon. Then don't plan on using the drive
| > store mission critical data.
| >

| Not a bad idea
| but the drive is probably fine

Not unlike a seat belt, you may need it only once but which once.

I mentioned the potential as I just finished an emergency data recover for a
friend that dropped their external drive two weeks ago.