Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Restore

Restore

Eric Allen

How do you get Win7 to make restore points manually like in WinXP?
Eric

Bobby Johnson

Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower left.

On 2010-04-20 14:48, Eric Allen wrote:
> How do you get Win7 to make restore points manually like in WinXP?

Bobby Johnson

Correction:

Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
right.

On 2010-04-20 16:13, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
> left.

Eric Allen

Bobby Johnson wrote:

> Correction:
>
> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
> right.
>

> On 2010-04-20 16:13, Bobby Johnson wrote:
>> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
>> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
>> left.

it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
error in the property page : ...

Eric

Carlos

Eric,
Try running the following command:

%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe

Carlos

"Eric Allen" wrote:

> Bobby Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Correction:
> >
> > Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
> > protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
> > right.
> >

> > On 2010-04-20 16:13, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> >> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
> >> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
> >> left.
> >>

> it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
> error in the property page : ...

> Eric
> .

Eric Allen

Carlos wrote:
> Eric,
> Try running the following command:
>
> %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
>
> Carlos
>
> "Eric Allen" wrote:
>
>> Bobby Johnson wrote:
>>> Correction:
>>>
>>> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
>>> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
>>> right.

>> it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
>> error in the property page : ...
>>
>> --
>> --
>> --
>> Eric
>> .

same error

Eric

Carlos

Eric,
Try this:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
Carlos

"Eric Allen" wrote:

> Carlos wrote:
> > Eric,
> > Try running the following command:
> >
> > %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
> >
> > Carlos

> >> it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
> >> error in the property page : ...
> >>
> >> --
> >> --
> >> --
> >> Eric
> >> .
> >>

> same error

> Eric
> .

Eric Allen

Carlos wrote:
> Eric,
> Try this:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
> Carlos
>
> "Eric Allen" wrote:
>
>> Carlos wrote:
>>> Eric,
>>> Try running the following command:
>>>
>>> %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
>>>
>>> Carlos

>> same error
>>
>> --
>> --
>> --
>> Eric
>> .

nope, nothing there for Win7-64bit errors

Eric

Kue2

Hi Eric
How much disk space do you have free?
Is the drive set to create restore points? In control search box type
"system"(no quotations marks)
then click create a restore point, make sure drive is set to "ON"

"Eric Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hqldug$pfd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carlos wrote:
>> Eric,
>> Try this:
>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
>> Carlos

>>> same error
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Eric
>>> .
>>>

> nope, nothing there for Win7-64bit errors

> Eric

Eric Allen

Kue2 wrote:
> Hi Eric
> How much disk space do you have free?
> Is the drive set to create restore points? In control search box type
> "system"(no quotations marks)
> then click create a restore point, make sure drive is set to "ON"
>

> "Eric Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hqldug$pfd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Carlos wrote:
>>> Eric,
>>> Try this:
>>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
>>> Carlos

>> nope, nothing there for Win7-64bit errors
>>
>> --
>> --
>> --
>> Eric

yes, it is set to save, but it still comes up with that catastrophic error

Eric