Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Wrapping Columns in a Table

Wrapping Columns in a Table

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ29l?=

I am having problems trying to wrap items that I get back from a DataSet. For instance, I get a list of 50 states that I want to display in 5 columns, 10 rows. I've looked into the DataGrid and Repeater controls, but can't seem to find how I can do it. I can do it programmatically, but that is a bit quirky. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you are simply displaying one item (or a couple you can truncate into a
"single field"), try a DataList. You can use a DataList1.RepeatDirection =
RepeatDirection.Horizontal and DataList1.RepeatColumns = 5.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
"David Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having problems trying to wrap items that I get back from a DataSet.

For instance, I get a list of 50 states that I want to display in 5 columns,
10 rows. I've looked into the DataGrid and Repeater controls, but can't
seem to find how I can do it. I can do it programmatically, but that is a
bit quirky. Any advice is appreciated.

> Thanks,
>
> David

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIFN0YWxs?=

Use the DataList. You can set its RepeatColumns and RepeatDirection properties to get what you want

HTH
Ti