Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Apple’s War On Programming

Apple’s War On Programming

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Apple’s efforts to maintain the monopoly of its App Store are starting to
seem, frankly, insane. Insane because they are ultimately futile, but the
company seems incapable of admitting that, even while those efforts will
simply render the entire platform unusable.

Ed Felten has an acute analysis here
<http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/flash-scratch-ajax-apples-war-programming>.

grum

> Apple’s efforts to maintain the monopoly of its App Store are starting to
> seem, frankly, insane. Insane because they are ultimately futile, but the
> company seems incapable of admitting that, even while those efforts will
> simply render the entire platform unusable.
>
> Ed Felten has an acute analysis here
> <http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/flash-scratch-ajax-apples-war-programming>.

It's always so amusing when people start using this kind of language
with reference to Apple and it's strategies. It sounds a bit, er,
"screechy" to me. I'm sure SJ is lying awake worrying about this right now.

Meanwhile all my Apple products are working fine (so are my Microsoft /
Linux ones), I fully expect them to continue to do so, and my Apple
shares are doing very nicely thank you