Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate!

 
 
Robert Spanjaard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2010
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:

> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
>
> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
> wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
> shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
> pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
> for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
> it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
> "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
> waived for this mandate.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>
> Flame on!


This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
left side is a nice place to put your icons.

http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg



--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tim Conway
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2010

"Robert Spanjaard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e9469$4bc88058$546ad3b2$(E-Mail Removed) el.net...
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
>
>> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
>> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
>>
>> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
>> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
>> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
>> wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
>> shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
>> pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
>> for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
>> it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
>> "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
>> waived for this mandate.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>
>> Flame on!

>
> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>
> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg


I like that.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robert Spanjaard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2010
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:14:45 -0500, George Kerby wrote:

>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>>
>>> Flame on!

>>
>> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
>> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>>
>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg
>>
>>

> And, if you switch to a Mac, you could flop the foto...


And then you'd have the original orientation.



--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Spanjaard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2010
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:09:08 -0400, Bowser wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
>>
>>> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th,
>>> so find those faces full of character and send some shots.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
>>>
>>> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
>>> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
>>> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the
>>> best wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and
>>> use the shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x
>>> 1200 pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE
>>> submission for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one,
>>> and make sure it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You
>>> may include your "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K
>>> file size limit is waived for this mandate.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>>
>>> Flame on!

>>
>>This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
>>left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>>
>>http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

>
> Good wallpaper. I thought it might be a good idea if the mandate
> suggested shooting for a specific use rathen to specific subject matter.
>
> Unfortunately, your photo above is disqualified. Resolution is too low.
>
> heh, heh....


It's 1920x1200.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Coe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-16-2010
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:09:08 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: >
: >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
: >> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
: >>
: >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
: >>
: >> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
: >> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
: >> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
: >> wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
: >> shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
: >> pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
: >> for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
: >> it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
: >> "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
: >> waived for this mandate.
: >>
: >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
: >>
: >> Flame on!
: >
: >This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
: >left side is a nice place to put your icons.
: >
: >http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg
:
: Good wallpaper. I thought it might be a good idea if the mandate
: suggested shooting for a specific use rathen to specific subject
: matter.
:
: Unfortunately, your photo above is disqualified. Resolution is too
: low.
:
: heh, heh....

Be careful what you wish for, Bowser; you may get it!!

Bob
 
Reply With Quote
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2010
On Apr 16, 11:20*am, Robert Spanjaard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>
> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg
>



Here's one I took that I was using for a brief time, before blindness
set in.
http://bretdouglas.smugmug.com/Photo...90_fK5Je-O.jpg

I was like, "Where did my icons go?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Coe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2010
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:04:24 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:47:03 -0400, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:09:08 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >: On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
: >: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >:
: >: >On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: >: >
: >: >> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th, so
: >: >> find those faces full of character and send some shots.
: >: >>
: >: >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
: >: >>
: >: >> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
: >: >> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
: >: >> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the best
: >: >> wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and use the
: >: >> shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x 1200
: >: >> pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE submission
: >: >> for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one, and make sure
: >: >> it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You may include your
: >: >> "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K file size limit is
: >: >> waived for this mandate.
: >: >>
: >: >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
: >: >>
: >: >> Flame on!
: >: >
: >: >This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
: >: >left side is a nice place to put your icons.
: >: >
: >: >http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg
: >:
: >: Good wallpaper. I thought it might be a good idea if the mandate
: >: suggested shooting for a specific use rathen to specific subject
: >: matter.
: >:
: >: Unfortunately, your photo above is disqualified. Resolution is too
: >: low.
: >:
: >: heh, heh....
: >
: >Be careful what you wish for, Bowser; you may get it!!
: >
: >Bob
:
: And I fully expect you and Marth to send me some nice scenes of
: Massachusetts that I'll display on my work PC and take full credit
: for.
:
: Nah, just kidding. About taking credit. But send me some MA scenes!

We'll try. I'm starting to go through our stuff to see what workd at the 8x5
aspect ratio. It's sort of breaking new ground, since I have only one laptop
that supports it. Our home machine is 4x3, and at work I mostly use two 5x4
monitors side-by-side. But I'll come up with something.

Bob
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Spanjaard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2010
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:56 +0200, Robert Spanjaard wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:12:32 -0400, Bowser wrote:
>
>> Just a reminder about the next mandate: Facescape. It's due May 16th,
>> so find those faces full of character and send some shots.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/facescape
>>
>> Next, the new mandate announcement: The Wallpaper Project. Here's what
>> this means: I use a few of my shots as wallpaper on my PC; we all
>> probably do. This mandate will challenge the shooter to produce the
>> best wallpaper in wide screen format so other users can download and
>> use the shot as wallpaper on their PC. All submissions must be 1920 x
>> 1200 pixels to fill a wide monitor. Shooters are limited to ONE
>> submission for this mandate only, so make your wallpaper a good one,
>> and make sure it looks good at large sizes (like a 24" monitor). You
>> may include your "signature" on the photo, as well. Lastly, the 300K
>> file size limit is waived for this mandate.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>
>> Flame on!

>
> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>
> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg


Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit?
If so, replace my submission with this one, shot yesterday:

http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Spanjaard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2010
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:14:02 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>>>
>>>> Flame on!
>>>
>>> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
>>> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>>>
>>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg

>>
>> Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit? If so, replace my
>> submission with this one, shot yesterday:
>>
>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

>
> Robert,
> I could be wrong (I invariably am) but, I am not sure if Bowser is
> accepting SI submissions in the manner you are attempting to make them.
>
> I would check, < http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage > ( the only
> change for the "Wallpaper Project" would be what he outlined in his
> proposal) and perhaps consider submitting your entry the way the rest of
> us do it.


Thanks, SD. If these rules still apply, then Bowser should mention (the
link to) them in his SI-posts.
I tried to participate in one mandate before, the same way I did it now,
and nobody mentioned the rules then. How are new participants supposed to
know about this page?

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
tony cooper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2010
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:53:16 +0200, Robert Spanjaard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:14:02 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
>
>>>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>>>>
>>>>> Flame on!
>>>>
>>>> This is the one I'm using as my own wallpaper at 1680x1050. The blurry
>>>> left side is a nice place to put your icons.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_4987wp.jpg
>>>
>>> Damn. Are you sure about the single submission limit? If so, replace my
>>> submission with this one, shot yesterday:
>>>
>>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/Arumes-CRW_5424wp.jpg

>>
>> Robert,
>> I could be wrong (I invariably am) but, I am not sure if Bowser is
>> accepting SI submissions in the manner you are attempting to make them.
>>
>> I would check, < http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage > ( the only
>> change for the "Wallpaper Project" would be what he outlined in his
>> proposal) and perhaps consider submitting your entry the way the rest of
>> us do it.

>
>Thanks, SD. If these rules still apply, then Bowser should mention (the
>link to) them in his SI-posts.
>I tried to participate in one mandate before, the same way I did it now,
>and nobody mentioned the rules then. How are new participants supposed to
>know about this page?


That's a good point. Those of us who have entered in past S-Is know,
but newcomers don't.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: [SI] Mandate reminder/update & new mandate! Robert Coe Digital Photography 13 04-24-2010 05:47 AM
Re: Mandate reminder/update & new mandate! Annika1980 Digital Photography 3 04-17-2010 10:37 PM
[SI] Shoot in photography challenge - New mandate - try it out! Alan Browne Digital Photography 10 06-05-2005 06:26 AM
[SI] new mandate. Alan Browne Digital Photography 0 03-28-2005 04:49 PM
[SI] New Mandate Annika198O Digital Photography 26 02-17-2004 01:55 PM



Advertisments