Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Capture IIS application pool recycle event

Capture IIS application pool recycle event

Jayesh Modha

Hi All,

My application is running IIS 7. It is set to recycle through IIS
settings regularly. Is there anyway I could wire to that event
through .Net? Does anybody know if IIS 7 exposes any kind of event for
recycle?
I need to run an executable file whenever the IIS recycle happens.
Thanks a lot for looking at this post. Your reply is highly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayesh Modha

Alexey Smirnov

On Apr 14, 9:06*pm, Jayesh Modha <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My application is running IIS 7. It is set to recycle through IIS
> settings regularly. Is there anyway I could wire to that event
> through .Net? Does anybody know if IIS 7 exposes any kind of event for
> recycle?
> I need to run an executable file whenever the IIS recycle happens.
> Thanks a lot for looking at this post. Your reply is highly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayesh Modha

I'm not sure about the purpose of doing it but you can try to recycle
the pool programmatically. Another option is to monitor the event log