Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acer Laptop

Reply
Thread Tools

Acer Laptop

 
 
bardeban
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2010
I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive.
I tried to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator
never moves after 54%
Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
TIA

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
VanguardLH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2010
bardeban wrote:

> I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive.
> I tried to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator
> never moves after 54%
> Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
> TIA


Some possibilities:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...Binstall+stops
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
�b�b�b�
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2010
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:44:53 -0400, bardeban wrote:

> I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive. I tried to
> install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator never
> moves after 54%
> Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
> TIA


it is BORKED probalbly!

newegg.com has ide drives
 
Reply With Quote
 
�b�b�b�
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2010
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:26:08 +1000, Andy wrote:

> �b�b�b� wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:44:53 -0400, bardeban wrote:
>>
>>> I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive. I tried
>>> to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator never
>>> moves after 54%
>>> Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
>>> TIA

>
> This sounds like a case where you should format the hard drive.
>
>> it is BORKED probalbly!

>
> Indeed. Sounds like it's ****ED!


WATH YOUR LANGUAAGE THERE ARE LADIES PRESENT
 
Reply With Quote
 
bardeban
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-14-2010


"Meat Plow" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:44:53 -0400, "bardeban"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>
>>I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive.
>>I tried to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator
>>never moves after 54%
>>Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
>>TIA

>
> Quick format?


Thanks for the tip, it worked!

TVM
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chicken Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2010


"�b�b�b�" wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:26:08 +1000, Andy wrote:
>
> > �b�b�b� wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:44:53 -0400, bardeban wrote:
> >>
> >>> I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive. I tried
> >>> to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the indicator never
> >>> moves after 54%
> >>> Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE HD?
> >>> TIA

> >
> > This sounds like a case where you should format the hard drive.
> >
> >> it is BORKED probalbly!

> >
> > Indeed. Sounds like it's ****ED!

>
> WATH YOUR LANGUAAGE THERE ARE LADIES PRESENT


There are also small chickens present.

 
Reply With Quote
 
�b�b�b�
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-15-2010
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:27:40 -0400, Chicken Little wrote:

> "�b�b�b�" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:26:08 +1000, Andy wrote:
>>
>> > �b�b�b¢wrote:
>> >
>> >> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:44:53 -0400, bardeban wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> I have an Acer Laptop with 80GB Hitachi 2.5" IDE Hard drive. I
>> >>> tried to install XP Pro on it. When formatting to NTFS , the
>> >>> indicator never moves after 54%
>> >>> Is the hard drive damaged? should I look to buy another Laptop IDE
>> >>> HD? TIA
>> >
>> > This sounds like a case where you should format the hard drive.
>> >
>> >> it is BORKED probalbly!
>> >
>> > Indeed. Sounds like it's ****ED!

>>
>> WATH YOUR LANGUAAGE THERE ARE LADIES PRESENT

>
> There are also small chickens present.


BAAAAAWKKKKK lol you speak so hgihly of yourself
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tesco Acer laptop carololine Computer Support 8 06-20-2006 06:24 AM
Linksys BEFW11S4 cable router and new ACER laptop problem Chris Macnamara Wireless Networking 1 06-14-2006 12:25 PM
Linksys BEFW11S4 cable router and new ACER laptop problem Chris Macnamara Wireless Networking 0 06-14-2006 12:23 PM
Ferrari 3000LMI Laptop (by Acer) - 2.6Ghz, 60GB Paragoncomp Computer Information 0 12-28-2004 11:03 PM



Advertisments