Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > looking for torrent

looking for torrent

Miriam Hope

hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

richard

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:05:50 -0600, Miriam Hope wrote:

> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

Good luck. You will need to get a torrent client and use the various
torrent websites.

Personally, I wouldn't have anything to do with roxio. Not after one of
their programs left my machine crammed and jammed with thousands of
registry items I had to remove by hand.

BTW, I am not sure what you mean by "signed up for this group". Nobody
signs up. You just join in. And you will not find any torrents ever posted
to this group.

richard

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:52:44 -0500, philo wrote:

> Miriam Hope wrote:
>> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
>> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
>> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
>> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

> Then maybe you don't know that the software is generally illegal

Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but they
have no say in the legal affairs of the USA. Only the idiots behind the
RIAA say it's illegal. It is not the fault of the system that causes
copyrighted material to be passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard
enough, you could probably find the same things on usenet.

floffy3

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:05:50 -0600, Miriam Hope <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>roxio easy vhs to dvd

http://binsearch.info/index.php?adv_sort=date

Mike Yetto

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:52:44 -0500, philo wrote:
>
>> Miriam Hope wrote:
>>> hi all, i signed up for this usenet group in order to download a torrent
>>> for roxio easy vhs to dvd, i have never used a newsreader before so i am
>>> lost; how do i find the torrent in order to download this software using
>>> the usenet system? thanks and pardon my ignorance...

>> Then maybe you don't know that the software is generally illegal

> Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but they
> have no say in the legal affairs of the USA. Only the idiots behind the
> RIAA say it's illegal. It is not the fault of the system that causes
> copyrighted material to be passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard
> enough, you could probably find the same things on usenet.

The RIAA has *nothing* to do with "roxio easy vhs to dvd"
software. If that app isn't open source or freely distributable
it is not legal to d/l and use. And if it is illegal via torrent
it is illegal via Usenet.

To the OP, you don't use Usenet to d/l torrents. For torrents
you use a torrent client. The same as not using a School Bus to
fry eggs.

Mike "philo 1 RtS 0" Yetto
In practice they are not.

�b�b�b�

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:

> "richard" wrote:
>
> > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

> No?
>

> d8:announce30:http://tracker.prq.to/announce13:ann...stll30:http://

tracker.prq.to/announceel39:http://tracker.torrent.to:2710/
announceel41:http://inferno.demonoid.com:3398/announceel33:http://
http://www.h33t.com:3310/announceel4....h3q.com:6969/
announceel38:http://tracker.ilibr.org:6969/
announceee18:azureus_propertiesd17:dht_backup_enab lei1ee7:comment37:
> - Internet Explorer 9 [Beta version]13:comment.utf-824:Internet Explorer
> 9 Beta10:created by0:13:creation
> datei1270150595e8:encoding5:UTF-84:infod4:ed2k16:š0‹Û;xîÅú,ïž
> ûËÜ6:lengthi17790976e4:name28:Internet Explorer 9
> Beta.iso10:name.utf-828:Internet Explorer 9 Beta.iso12iece
> lengthi32768e6:borkborkbork10860:QˆCIŽa1Rý{Û*£ÿ
> OÖBK4„ýG‹å]îÞôò÷†ˆ'r ŠÁX"ÙIm€Ì„Ãt[

haha you hsowed him

�b�b�b�

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:30:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:46:17 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but
>>they have no say in the legal affairs of the USA.

> Who said anything about Germany?
>
>>Only the idiots behind the RIAA say it's illegal.

> Software?
>
>>It is not the fault of the system that causes copyrighted material to be
>>passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard enough, you could
>>probably find the same things on usenet.

> And if I looked hard enough, I'll see speeders driving in the carpool
> lane with only 1 occupant. Does that make it legal?

germany.

richard

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:

> "richard" wrote:
>
> > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

> No?

NO!

I've been with this group since 1997 and I have as yet to see any one post
a torrent here. An occasional binary slips through, but that is extremely
rare.

�b�b�b�

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:16:15 -0700, richard wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:10:57 +0200, Danny Warhol wrote:
>
>> "richard" wrote:
>>
>> > And you will not find any torrents ever posted to this group.

>> No?

> NO!
>
> I've been with this group since 1997 and I have as yet to see any one
> post a torrent here. An occasional binary slips through, but that is
> extremely rare.

WELL YA JUST DID LOL

naaahnteeeen naaahhhhn dee sevun!

Aardvark

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:30:36 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:46:17 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Says who? The German court said such things are illegal in Germany but
>>they have no say in the legal affairs of the USA.

> Who said anything about Germany?

If my eyes don't deceive me, I think it was RtS. Why he mentioned it would
be, IMHO, far beyond the abilities of any sentient being to fathom.

>>Only the idiots behind the RIAA say it's illegal.

> Software?
>
>>It is not the fault of the system that causes copyrighted material to be
>>passed around freely. Hell, if you looked hard enough, you could
>>probably find the same things on usenet.

> And if I looked hard enough, I'll see speeders driving in the carpool
> lane with only 1 occupant. Does that make it legal?

In RtS's mind, anything you can get away with is legal. Once you're
caught, it's not.