Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win7 Pro copy & Paste

Win7 Pro copy & Paste

Jack

Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
anyone else with this problem?

Thanks
Jack

Kue2

Jack
did you try a different mouse? Is this with win7 pro 64?

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> anyone else with this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Carlos

Jack,
Which of all the operations in copy/paste doesn't work?
I mean.
1.- Left click, hold, drag to select.
2.- Right click on the selection, click on copy.
3.- Right click on target, click on paste.
Carlos

"Jack" wrote:

> Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> anyone else with this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jack
>
> .

Jack

Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet. When I
try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not the
drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no difference.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> anyone else with this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Carlos

Jack,
Let's go step by step.
What happens when you left click and drag the mouse?
Can you highlight the text you want to copy?
Carlos

"Jack" wrote:

> Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
> The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet. When I
> try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not the
> drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no difference.
>
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> > Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> > rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> > I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> > anyone else with this problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jack

> .

KCB

news:u#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
> The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet. When I
> try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not the
> drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no difference.

After you highlight the selection, then right-click the highlighted text,
your context menu should appear, with copy being one of your choices. The
blue arrow indicates that an accelerator is available. To see available
accelerators, click the arrow. These choices could include email, map, and
search, among others. There are many accelerators to choose from and
install. Once you get the copy/paste thing, maybe you would like to check
those out too.

Robert Aldwinckle

news:u#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
> The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet.

> When I try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not
> the drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no
> difference.

Try disabling the new accelerators list. In IE8 use Tools, Options,
Advanced tab,
_uncheck_ Display Accelerator button on selection

---

> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
>> Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
>> rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
>> I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
>> anyone else with this problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jack

Jack

I tried to unclick what Robert said and that didn't work.
When I left click and drag the mouse to highlight... everything highlights
ok but when I right click only the little blue arrow shows up with NO
drop/down menu. This is only on 90% of the internet, It will work with the
keyboard hot keys.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> anyone else with this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Carlos

Jack,
You are supposed to right click on the highlighted area and not on the arrow.
That's why you can't get the context menu for copying.

Carlos

"Jack" wrote:

> I tried to unclick what Robert said and that didn't work.
> When I left click and drag the mouse to highlight... everything highlights
> ok but when I right click only the little blue arrow shows up with NO
> drop/down menu. This is only on 90% of the internet, It will work with the
> keyboard hot keys.
>
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Full clean install of win 7 pro (not a OEM disk)
> > Copy & Paste will only work with the mouse about 10% of the time all the
> > rest I have to use the hot keys, This is only on the internet.
> > I built the PC myself and the win7 install went like clockwork. Is there
> > anyone else with this problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jack

> .

Jack

I know how to copy and paste, it just dosen't work. something didn't
install correctly is the only thing I can figure.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...