Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Traveling female needs laptop to keep her company!! Can you help??? ;0(

Traveling female needs laptop to keep her company!! Can you help??? ;0(

candygirl candygirl is offline
Junior Member

Can anyone help me pls??

I'm currently traveling in Vietnam and just recently my laptop started behaving differently (slower start up, strange beeping noise, crackling sound, blue screen error appeared, avg removed, memory error message, new icons appearing on my desktop....etc). I took it to a local computer guy in Vietnam and he said it was a virus and he would sort it out for me!! When I got the laptop back, everything seemed fine and he'd put the free version of Avast on my laptop as the virus took off my avg. I looked at the scan summary on Avast and it said that the virus was a win 32: Trojan Gen. The laptop worked fine for a few days, but has since gone back to its odd behaviour and now everytime I turn it on, after a few minutes a blue screen appears saying that a crucial thread is missing and it must exit to save my computer from damage??

Also I think the virus may have gone onto my external hard drive, but when I tried to scan the laptop and hard drive using Avast it wouldn't scan all the files as it says there is an error??

Does anyone know how I can solve this please??.....

and to top it off, just days after realising my laptop had the virus, my bank account was subject to numerous accounts of fraud....?????HMMmmmm ;0(