Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > i want to make output file in Xilinx

i want to make output file in Xilinx

mosh11 mosh11 is offline
Junior Member

Hi

i know that we can use the "write" and "writeline" function to write certain data in our code to an output file .

in my code i need to output signals to an output file.
the problem is that when i use write(line,x) (which puts "x" on line) and sythesize the code xilinx give me error that the second argument "x" must be constant. and that's impossible because my signal changes every iteration.

is there any other solution to outputs the signal value to a txt file ?

Thank you

Ahmed Salah