Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Convert data array into FileStream type

Convert data array into FileStream type

benn

I have working routines that utilize StreamReader (FileStream) but
they operate on a file that is opened. My data is generated during
execution and I don't have write access on the drive to to write any
temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
and read it back as a FileStream.

Any ideas?

Ian Collins

On 04/10/10 12:08 PM, benn wrote:
> I have working routines that utilize StreamReader (FileStream) but
> they operate on a file that is opened. My data is generated during
> execution and I don't have write access on the drive to to write any
> temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
> and read it back as a FileStream.

What's a FileStream?

--
Ian Collins

Jonathan Lee

On Apr 9, 8:08*pm, benn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have working routines that utilize StreamReader (FileStream) but
> they operate on a file that is opened. * *My data is generated during
> execution and I don't have write access on the drive to to write any
> temporary files.. otherwise I could write the data memory into a file
> and read it back as a FileStream.
>
> Any ideas?

You might want to ask in a newsgroup that works with .NET
stuff. This newsgroup discusses C++ language problems; you
have a library problem.

BUT... if I understand you correctly you want to do stream
manipulations in memory. The closest thing in the standard
library is stringstream. Perhaps you can adapt your routines
for that class?

--Jonathan