Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Why "You have disabled encryption"

Re: Why "You have disabled encryption"

Don Phillipson

"AndyHancock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In windows XP, I unchecked WirelessNetworkConnectionProperties-
> >WirelessNetworks->PreferredNetworks->SecondCup->Properties-
> >Connection->AutomaticConnection->ConnectWhenThisNetworkIsInRange.

> When I click OK, I am told "You have disabled encryption for the
> network 'Second Cup'. yada yada yada. Continue Anyway?
>
> WHY would this message be issued when all I did was turn off automatic
> connectoin?

This reasonable question also seems a strong hint your XP OS
has been damaged. Perhaps the same fault underlies
attempts to connnect automatically after you have turned
off this network.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs