Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 2 Browser Instances sharing the same session (using Ctrl-N)

2 Browser Instances sharing the same session (using Ctrl-N)

=?Utf-8?B?QXVndXN0aW4gUHJhc2FubmEuIEo=?=

Hi,
When the user opens a new browser instance using 'Ctrl-N' and logs in with a different user login, both the browser instances begins to share the same session. Any suggestions on how to handle this issue ?

Thanks,
Augustin

Craig Deelsnyder

Augustin Prasanna. J wrote:

> Hi,
> When the user opens a new browser instance using 'Ctrl-N' and logs in with a different user login, both the browser instances begins to share the same session. Any suggestions on how to handle this issue ?
>
> Thanks,
> Augustin

You can't do anything; sharing sessions is a client/browser setting. It
used to be configurable in IE, but since then I think they removed the
setting. Even so, you can't change browser settings from code...

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET