Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Synchronizing Outlook on 2 computers - how/

Synchronizing Outlook on 2 computers - how/

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

Hi
I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop & laptop using a
home network or internet.
Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Gordon

On 09/04/2010 13:37, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop& laptop using a
> home network or internet.
> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?

Have a look here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp

Gordon

On 09/04/2010 14:14, Andy wrote:
> Martin©¿©¬@nohere.net wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop& laptop using a
>> home network or internet.
>> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?

> Yes, I can.
>
> Outlook.
>
> HTH.

Eh? Of course it doesn't. Dork.

Keshav Sharma

On 4/9/2010 8:30 PM, Gordon wrote:
> On 09/04/2010 14:14, Andy wrote:
>> Martin©¿©¬@nohere.net wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop& laptop using a
>>> home network or internet.
>>> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?

>> Yes, I can.
>>
>> Outlook.
>>
>> HTH.
>>

> Eh? Of course it doesn't. Dork.

You can configure Outlook on both the computers
but in that case, for the outlook to work properly
That is, to receive mails on both the computers you will have to change
a setting in Outlook.
Click on TOOLS > Accounts
Select your account Click ON PROPERTIES
Then select more settings.
Click on Server Tab.
Then check mark the box "Leave a copy of messages on server"
Then click on Apply or Ok and it will be done.

This way the mails will be received on both. If this setting is not
changed mails will be received only on one.

Gordon

On 09/04/2010 16:14, Keshav Sharma wrote:
> On 4/9/2010 8:30 PM, Gordon wrote:

>>> Yes, I can.
>>>
>>> Outlook.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>>

>> Eh? Of course it doesn't. Dork.

> You can configure Outlook on both the computers
> but in that case, for the outlook to work properly
> That is, to receive mails on both the computers you will have to change
> a setting in Outlook.
> Click on TOOLS > Accounts
> Select your account Click ON PROPERTIES
> Then select more settings.
> Click on Server Tab.
> Then check mark the box "Leave a copy of messages on server"
> Then click on Apply or Ok and it will be done.
>

> This way the mails will be received on both. If this setting is not
> changed mails will be received only on one.

And you will not see the Sent Items or any other folders created on one
machine on the other either. I presume that's what the OP means by
"synchronised".

Desk Rabbit

On 09/04/2010 13:37, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop& laptop using a
> home network or internet.
> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?

Exchange server. Pretty much any version from 2003 upwards although
Exchange 2010 is my favourite.

VanguardLH

Martin ©¿©¬ wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop & laptop using a
> home network or internet.
> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?

Find out if your current e-mail provider includes IMAP access to your
account, or find one that does.

sandy58

On Apr 9, 2:37*pm, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop & laptop using a
> home network or internet.
> Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please?
> --
> Martin
> ©¿©¬

http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_033.html
Hope this helps.

Keshav Sharma

On 4/9/2010 9:23 PM, Gordon wrote:
> On 09/04/2010 16:14, Keshav Sharma wrote:

>>> Eh? Of course it doesn't. Dork.

>> You can configure Outlook on both the computers
>> but in that case, for the outlook to work properly
>> That is, to receive mails on both the computers you will have to change
>> a setting in Outlook.
>> Click on TOOLS > Accounts
>> Select your account Click ON PROPERTIES
>> Then select more settings.
>> Click on Server Tab.
>> Then check mark the box "Leave a copy of messages on server"
>> Then click on Apply or Ok and it will be done.
>>

>> This way the mails will be received on both. If this setting is not
>> changed mails will be received only on one.
>>

> And you will not see the Sent Items or any other folders created on one
> machine on the other either. I presume that's what the OP means by
> "synchronised".

You will be able to synchronise only if your mail uses IMAP.
i do not know about other services but gmail provides IMAP, so I can
access all folders on both my pc's

Keshav Sharma

On 4/10/2010 10:35 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:17:58 +0530, Keshav Sharma
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You will be able to synchronise only if your mail uses IMAP.
>> i do not know about other services but gmail provides IMAP, so I can
>> access all folders on both my pc's

> If only VanguardLH didn't suggest that 12 hours ago...

Now, I didn't read that