Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Are these Win XP OEMs legit?

Are these Win XP OEMs legit?

M.L.

Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
legit?

http://www.tootoomart.com/product-30...full+VERSION+/

http://moourl.com/rxv5d

VanguardLH

M.L. wrote:

> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
> legit?
>
> http://www.tootoomart.com/product-30...full+VERSION+/
>
> http://moourl.com/rxv5d

An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your first clue.

M.L.

>> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
>> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
>> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
>> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
>> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
>> legit?
>>
>> http://www.tootoomart.com/product-30...full+VERSION+/
>>
>> http://moourl.com/rxv5d

>An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your first clue.

Could you be more specific?

Desk Rabbit

On 09/04/2010 03:28, M.L. wrote:

> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
> legit?

Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

M.L.

>> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
>> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
>> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
>> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
>> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
>> legit?

>Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

That's what I'd like to know. How can I tell?

Star@*.*

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:29:02 -0500, "nhwf" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>M.L. <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought with
>news(E-Mail Removed) :

>>>An OEM version that comes with a manual. Uh huh. There's your
>>>first clue.

>> Could you be more specific?
>>

>OEMs are for specific branded computers. Its not a "universal
>install" disk. That said, if you know what yer doing theres a way to
>get the files off with Nlite or BartPE and make your own slipstreamed
>version...AFAIK.

There are OEM versions of Windows which are not for "specific branded
computers" they are full versions of windows and used by systems
builders (white box, Ma Pa) builders.

Art

Desk Rabbit

On 09/04/2010 19:05, M.L. wrote:

>>> Chinese supplier offering OEM Win XP Pro sp2 full version for $9.18 in
>>> lots of 10 (free shipping), with manual, product key and COA. I
>>> realize that XP is fading from distribution but this offer seems to
>>> good to be true. However, I was under the impression that China was
>>> cracking down on software pirates. How can I tell if the software is
>>> legit?

>> Are they an approved and recognised Microsoft OEM distributor?

> That's what I'd like to know. How can I tell?

Oh I don't know but as a wild stab in the dark I'd try talking to Microsoft.