Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Super 8 to digital

Re: Super 8 to digital

Jeff Strickland

There are several video capture kits that include a device to convert your
Hi8 to a USB input source and a software application to edit the clips you
move to digital format.

I'm not able to give a suggestion as to which is better, or which is worse,
but I selected a product from Pinnacle Systems. As I recall, there were
three different products, as one moves up the price-points the features and
functions increase. I selected a mid-point product and it works pretty well,
although I have nothing to compare it to.

You can buy a video recorder for $200 that will get the job done. You can
buy a Pinnacle product for about $120, and convert your Hi8 format videos to
digital. The converter lets you burn your old movies to DVD, which is
probably a plus.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Why super.super is not allowed? bearice@gmail.com Java 7 04-06-2008 01:11 AM
super.super.super how? Java 24 02-24-2005 10:51 PM
super. could there be a simpler super? Kerim Borchaev Python 4 01-15-2004 03:15 PM
WHICH LENS? - SIGMA 70-300mm DL MACRO Super-II or 28-300mm AF Super Zoom 4 - for Canon 300d Rebel Digital SLR? No Spam Digital Photography 24 11-27-2003 08:21 AM
Getting the super class via the super() function Fernando Rodriguez Python 2 11-22-2003 12:08 AM

Advertisments