Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Hooking up a print server

Hooking up a print server

David Thibault

I am looking to hooking up a print server and a laptop computer. for a
friend
I want the computer and print server to be wireless.. so the printer will be
located in one room and the laptop will have run of the house and be able to
print from any where.
I was told that if I add a wireless card to the laptop and configure the
laptop and the print server in the AD-Hoc mode that this will work and I
will not need any more equipment..
The computer is a Dell the printer is a canon IP3000 and the print server
is Netgear WGPS606.
No Broadband internet connection is present. just dial-up so that is not a
issue