Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE8 keeps redirecting me when I click on a search result in Google

IE8 keeps redirecting me when I click on a search result in Google

Alexis Soyer

Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
Not the site I clicked.

I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

Keshav Sharma

On 4/8/2010 4:39 PM, Alexis Soyer wrote:
> Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
> Not the site I clicked.
>
> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
> my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
> use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
> would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

Check this links
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

Mike Easter

Keshav Sharma wrote:
> Alexis Soyer wrote:
>> I am
>> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
>> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.

>> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
>> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
>> my computer (OS XP).

> Check this links
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic116848.html
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

The virus and malware removal section of techspot forums has good advice
structured around: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware
removal board (to force everyone - supplicant and helpers - to follow
the 8step protocols), 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal
Instructions, Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or
Formatting and their system of identifying moderators and known malware
helpers by color-coding them.

--
Mike Easter

richard

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 04:09:24 -0700 (PDT), Alexis Soyer wrote:

> Hello. I hope there is someone that can help with this problem. I am
> aware there are various postings to forums about this problem. When I
> click on a result I get redirected to a advertised site or porno-site.
> Not the site I clicked.
>
> I have AVG as a virus control. I have Spybot (which I cannot update) I
> have Ad-Aware and Malware-bytes. None are reporting any problems with
> my computer (OS XP). Yet, I still keeping getting redirected when I
> use browser. Does any have a suggestion and fix they could share. I
> would appreciate any help. Many thanks. Frank

clear your history cache. Some times the dns hijackers remain their.
Install hijackthis and check out the results.

ie8!=ie8 cecile Javascript 2 05-24-2010 09:04 AM
Google keeps editing my search string. ian field Computer Support 6 04-28-2010 12:09 AM
Re: Advantages of IE8/64 over IE8/32 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows 64bit 0 08-17-2009 09:43 PM
Google search result like site search!! How? =?Utf-8?B?TGFrc2htaSBOYXJheWFuYW4uUg==?= ASP .Net 3 05-06-2005 02:08 AM

Advertisments