Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > LAN (Windows 7 and Snow Leopard)

LAN (Windows 7 and Snow Leopard)

Jeffrey Goldberg

Michael Vilain wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Frank Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> The two machines are use a wireless connection to the same router. I
>> want to be able to open and work on files on either machine from
>> either machine.

> That's really a function of what file-sharing facilities are used by
> Windows 7 and MacOS X. Apple uses Apple File Protocol natively. Unless
> Windows 7 does also, I would doubt that either would be able to talk
> together without some 3rd-party tool being installed.

Snow Leopard can do SMB/CIFS file sharing. Just enable it in Options in
the File sharing preference pane.

--
Jeffrey Goldberg http://goldmark.org/jeff/
I rarely read HTML or poorly quoting posts