Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/5/2010
Time: 1:56:56 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SCITSXP3437
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp
4a89dc70, faulting module emailscanner.dll, version 1.0.0.1, stamp
4b6a9404, debug? 0, fault address 0x000602ca.

Peter Foldes

Does it open and stay open in Safe mode ? Let us know

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane

(notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

--
Peter

"alice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Starting today on my XP PC I can't get Outlook to stay open. After it
> opens it crashes in less than a minute. It just says it has
> encountered an error. The error in the event log is below.
> I have another XP machine on the same network with the same setup and
> it works fine. I've treid rebooting but it's still a problem. Anyone
> have any idea what I can do to fix this?
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 4/5/2010
> Time: 1:56:56 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SCITSXP3437
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp
> 4a89dc70, faulting module emailscanner.dll, version 1.0.0.1, stamp
> 4b6a9404, debug? 0, fault address 0x000602ca.

Peter Foldes

Nothing at all to do with a virus or malware. It is most likely an Add In.

--
Peter

news:Xns9D52578B960EAsnuhwolfyahoocom@216.196.97.1 42...