Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Beware iPAD

Beware iPAD

victor

On 06/04/10 22:04, Richard wrote:
> David Empson wrote:
>
>>> Not Every one has Wifi, I know plenty that done have it..

>> Then why on earth would they want to buy a WiFi-only iPad? They wouldn't
>> be able to use it for anything Internet related (cutting out a huge
>> chunk of its functionality) unless they went somewhere else that had
>> WiFi.
>>
>> While in that location which had WiFi, they could download some
>> applications.
>>
>> The WiFi+3G iPad (not released yet) will have Internet access anywhere
>> it can connect to the cellular network, and moderate sized applications
>> (up to 20 MB, IIRC) can be downloaded directly via cellular. Anything
>> particularly big would have to be downloaded via WiFi or on a computer
>> and synced via USB. In which case, see my first response above.

> Give up, you are reasoning with a retard.
>
> For once apple are actually following a standard as far as how it
> operates charging rather than the random lets just suck power mode of
> operation that most other devices operate on. Shame they stuck with that
> bastard of a plug on it, but its still standards nevertheless.
>
> Whats next roger? cant charge a N97 on a computer? hell, almost every
> phone coming out now has microusb to charge. Gonna be a lot of angry
> people who cant charge? Eh woger?

Having to use a charger is fine by me.
Having to use iTunes, not so much.
I'm going to wait and see.
http://www.engadget.com/search/?q=an...Type=wl-gadget

Frank Williams

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:45:01 +1200, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >You can do it with USB or wifi
>> >
>> >You are getting really really ****in tedious

>> No You just cant read, you use the USB port to put software on the iPad but
>> it comes up that it cant charge the battery.
>>
>> Not Every one has Wifi, I know plenty that done have it..
>>
>> Get the facts man and read the Links that I posted, I Only quoted what is in
>> those links, so if you wish to take you hatred out go and take it out on
>> those
>> links..

>Ok, I think someone needs to type this slowly for you so you can keep up.
>
>WHEN you are loading software (on SOME systems) via USB it can not
>charge the battery of the iPad. 99% of the iPads usage will be NOT
>connected to a USB port or are you some how thinking that the only way
>it can be used at all is to have it plugged in permanently ?????
>
>HOWEVER, WHEN the iPad is sleeping it WILL CHARGE the battery, even it
>is it only at 500mA and not 1A.
>
>I note with interest that petrol stations will NOT ALLOW you to refill
>while the engine is running, this does not seem to be a problem for
>anyone.
>
>So, over all this is NOT a problem.

I never posted that it was a Problem I posted 2 Links that other People were
having problems..

Donchano

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:41:59 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:45:01 +1200, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> No You just cant read, you use the USB port to put software on the iPad but
>>> it comes up that it cant charge the battery.
>>>
>>> Not Every one has Wifi, I know plenty that done have it..
>>>
>>> Get the facts man and read the Links that I posted, I Only quoted what is in
>>> those links, so if you wish to take you hatred out go and take it out on
>>> those
>>> links..

>>Ok, I think someone needs to type this slowly for you so you can keep up.
>>
>>WHEN you are loading software (on SOME systems) via USB it can not
>>charge the battery of the iPad. 99% of the iPads usage will be NOT
>>connected to a USB port or are you some how thinking that the only way
>>it can be used at all is to have it plugged in permanently ?????
>>
>>HOWEVER, WHEN the iPad is sleeping it WILL CHARGE the battery, even it
>>is it only at 500mA and not 1A.
>>
>>I note with interest that petrol stations will NOT ALLOW you to refill
>>while the engine is running, this does not seem to be a problem for
>>anyone.
>>
>>So, over all this is NOT a problem.

>I never posted that it was a Problem I posted 2 Links that other People were
>having problems..

What you posted was:

>Beware iPAD

>NOTE: the iPad needs a 1amp USB port to charge the battery, so most if not
>all USB ports will be useless..

Frank Williams

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 20:17:02 +1200, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:41:59 +1200, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:45:01 +1200, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Ok, I think someone needs to type this slowly for you so you can keep up.
>>>
>>>WHEN you are loading software (on SOME systems) via USB it can not
>>>charge the battery of the iPad. 99% of the iPads usage will be NOT
>>>connected to a USB port or are you some how thinking that the only way
>>>it can be used at all is to have it plugged in permanently ?????
>>>
>>>HOWEVER, WHEN the iPad is sleeping it WILL CHARGE the battery, even it
>>>is it only at 500mA and not 1A.
>>>
>>>I note with interest that petrol stations will NOT ALLOW you to refill
>>>while the engine is running, this does not seem to be a problem for
>>>anyone.
>>>
>>>So, over all this is NOT a problem.

>>I never posted that it was a Problem I posted 2 Links that other People were
>>having problems..

>What you posted was:
>
>>Beware iPAD

>>NOTE: the iPad needs a 1amp USB port to charge the battery, so most if not
>>all USB ports will be useless..

That was a copy of one of those Links Dumbo..

Donchano

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:12:26 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>>I never posted that it was a Problem I posted 2 Links that other People were
>>>having problems..

>>What you posted was:
>>
>>>Beware iPAD

>>>NOTE: the iPad needs a 1amp USB port to charge the battery, so most if not
>>>all USB ports will be useless..

>That was a copy of one of those Links Dumbo..

And the other link, asshole?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Donchano wrote:

>> And the other link, asshole?

>The word is "arsehole". Too much yank TV ?

I haven't noticed much spelling on USA TV (or UK TV for that matter).
Pronounciation, OTOH, could well make the difference.

Donchano

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:27:05 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Donchano wrote:
>

>> And the other link, asshole?

>The word is "arsehole". Too much yank TV ?
>
>geoff

Donchano

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:27:05 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Donchano wrote:
>

>> And the other link, asshole?

>The word is "arsehole". Too much yank TV ?

OK ... I give in. He's an arsehole.