Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > The Fool’s Gold At The End Of The iPad Rainbow

The Fool’s Gold At The End Of The iPad Rainbow

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

One of the warning signs for me was hearing that e-book publishers were
deserting Amazon’s Kindle for the iPad, because Apple was offering them a
better deal—to wit, higher prices. And where were the customers supposed to
fit into this—were they just supposed to shut up and meekly hand over their
cash?

This <http://techdirt.com/articles/20100402/1216068849.shtml> sums it up for
me pretty well.

Gordon

On 2010-04-03, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
> One of the warning signs for me was hearing that e-book publishers were
> deserting Amazon’s Kindle for the iPad, because Apple was offering them a
> better deal—to wit, higher prices. And where were the customers supposed to
> fit into this—were they just supposed to shut up and meekly hand over their
> cash?
>
> This <http://techdirt.com/articles/20100402/1216068849.shtml> sums it up for
> me pretty well.

This is history. Apple has been around since before he met Eve. Think about
it eh?