Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > W7: No Wireless Connection!

W7: No Wireless Connection!

Querulous

Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.

After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.

Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER be
a fix for it?

The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.

This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

Pavel A.

"Querulous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
> 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

On same computer, with same wireless device?

--pa

Barb Bowman

what wireless NIC and what driver?

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:12:58 -0700, Querulous <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
>
>After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
>possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
>other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
>
>Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER be
>a fix for it?
>
>The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
>
>This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
>2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

GTS

I havenít found that to be the case in various customer installations and my
own. I have, however, run into some very buggy drivers
--

"Querulous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
>
> After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
> possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
> other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER
> be
> a fix for it?
>
> The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
>
> This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
> 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working with
me.
I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there is
No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about what
you use and how.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Querulous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
>
> After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
> possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
> other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER
> be
> a fix for it?
>
> The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
>
> This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
> 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

Querulous

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
> I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working
> with me.
> I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there
> is No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about
> what you use and how.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

As an update; we're in a big boat!

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...read/43f61a9c-
069b-49ab-9f5b-f52ec2b1ef7e

Reminiscent of the big -V- startup pains, no?

Speculating (and hopeful); this may be a Sony Vaio (just to give credit
where it is due) driver problem, causing a WPA2 handshake anomaly.

Still unconfirmed, as we wait anxiously for the verdict.

Time will tell.

> "Querulous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
>>
>> After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
>> possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when
>> no other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
>>
>> Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there
>> EVER be
>> a fix for it?
>>
>> The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
>>
>> This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
>> 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

Barb Bowman

As Jack said, you really need to post info on your router and wireless NIC.
details are required. The thread you reference is a big garbage pile of multiple
problems because everyone assumes it is the same issue. That thread you point
out is useless.

Many of the higher end Sony VAIOs have Intel 5100/6200 NICs. And won't connect
with WEP or TKIP. You must use WPA2-AES.
http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../cs-025643.htm

But without details, this is a shot in the dark.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700, Querulous <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Speculating (and hopeful); this may be a Sony Vaio (just to give credit
>where it is due) driver problem, causing a WPA2 handshake anomaly.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

blablabla blablabla is offline
Junior Member

After getting fed up with the fact that every time I turned my new laptop with W7 on and had to wait 5 to 10 min to get internet because W7 would connect to the wireless router but would not allow internet to pass through , and the fact that I had to be resetting the connection on W7 and running "troubleshoot problems" option from W7 which would do the job only 50% of the time, and the fact also that every researched forum on the internet about the issue has always a brown nose from Microsoft who will only blame on the router or on the hardware installed on the system, I finally found a script that you apply to your W7 machine and you will have a 100% flawless instant connection to the internet through your wireless router.
The script is written in the old QBasic language but is very efficient.
You have to apply it in the root of the main hard drive!
Here is a sample of the code :

10 WIPE HD
20 INSTALL LINUX
30 GOTO HELL W7

I guarantee you will never have to reset your wireless router again

pass it on , Thanks