Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Another ubuntu failure

Re: Another ubuntu failure

Sweetpea

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

> A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
>
> Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that Ericsson gear doesn't like
working with Open Standards based software.

Sweetpea

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:18:22 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

> "Sweetpea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
>>
>>> A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
>>>
>>> Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

>> Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that
>> Ericsson gear doesn't like
>> working with Open Standards based software.
>>

> Looking into the issue further it seems to affect all sorts of media
> devices, including digital cameras. I have tried f-spot, gthumb and
> picasa for linux and they all exhibit the same behaviour.
>
> The Sony Ericsson phone I have has a specific option for allowing
> connectivity to Linux.

My Fuji camera has no issues connecting to Linux machines.

But A friend's Sony TV won't connect with Fuji cameras.

So when you mentioned problems with Sony Ericsson equipment connecting with non-Sony systems, I
was not surprised.

Gordon

On 2010-04-02, ofn01 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Sweetpea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
>>
>>> A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
>>>
>>> Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

>> Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that
>> Ericsson gear doesn't like
>> working with Open Standards based software.
>>

> Looking into the issue further it seems to affect all sorts of media
> devices, including digital cameras. I have tried f-spot, gthumb and picasa
> for linux and they all exhibit the same behaviour.
>
> The Sony Ericsson phone I have has a specific option for allowing
> connectivity to Linux.

Look, history shows that Sony, rootkited their CDs and then got caught. Need
more be said now.