Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > i try make my frist ASP.net page :''-(((

i try make my frist ASP.net page :''-(((

Kasek

how can I center object (for exmaple: panel, statictext) on asp.net
pages asp.net ???

Which object and method return wight of www browser window.

I need set left margin and width, because i need panels, static
text,etc are on center of page.

('mI happy - on panel I can set CENTER object inside )

FLowLayout &i GridLayout isn't good, i can't _easy_center object
on asp.net pages.

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Kim Larsen

Hi

You can use the <Div> tag for this.

<HTML>
<Body>
<Div align=Cneter>

<asp:TextBox id=test>

</Body>
</HTML>

"Kasek" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how can I center object (for exmaple: panel, statictext) on asp.net
> pages asp.net ???
>
> Which object and method return wight of www browser window.
>
> I need set left margin and width, because i need panels, static
> text,etc are on center of page.
>
> ('mI happy - on panel I can set CENTER object inside )
>
> FLowLayout &i GridLayout isn't good, i can't _easy_center object
> on asp.net pages.
>

> PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Kevin Spencer

You need to learn about HTML, since that is what is doing your layout for
you in the browser.

> how can I center object (for exmaple: panel, statictext) on asp.net
> pages asp.net ???

You can do this with HTML Attributes or Styles. You can also use HTML tables
to lay out your content.

> Which object and method return wight of www browser window.

None. Browser windows will be varying sizes and resolutions. Proper use of
HTML Styles and Attributes can help your app lay out more uniformly on a
number of different browser platforms.

Remember that when the document reaches the client, it is ALL HTML.
Familiarity with HTML (which is what these classes render) will help you
tremendously.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Kasek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how can I center object (for exmaple: panel, statictext) on asp.net
> pages asp.net ???
>
> Which object and method return wight of www browser window.
>
> I need set left margin and width, because i need panels, static
> text,etc are on center of page.
>
> ('mI happy - on panel I can set CENTER object inside )
>
> FLowLayout &i GridLayout isn't good, i can't _easy_center object
> on asp.net pages.
>

> PS. Sorry for my bad English.

GoF:"C++ [doesn't] treat classes as frist class objects" Steven T. Hatton C++ 7 09-09-2005 07:59 PM
frist iranian MCDST ahmad kabiri MCDST 0 10-21-2004 11:48 AM
Learn Regex or Perl Frist? Don Kim Perl Misc 13 11-18-2003 01:20 AM

Advertisments