Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Download a file

Download a file

Poppy

I have a web page which accepts a parameter called myFile which contains the
location of a file I wish to download.

How can I get a dialogue box to appear allowing the user to choose where
they want the file to be downloaded to, then download it ?

Thanks In Advance

Curt_C [MVP]

simply point to the file, Response.Redirect("/path/to/file") and it will do
it all for you. This will however "open" any filetypes the user has
associated automatically...

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software