Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why Windows Will Never Be Secure

Why Windows Will Never Be Secure

victor

On 02/04/10 11:01, Your Name wrote:
> "victor"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hp1d6g$pbe$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> On 01/04/10 17:21, Your Name wrote:

> vulnerabilities can

> user

> http://www.h-online.com/security/new...less-secure-Up

> created by

> users.

>>> Wikipedia is a useless website full of user-added nonsense, rumours and
>>> lies. Best avoided altoghter if you want the actual facts.

>> Seems pretty well referenced
>>

> http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...tches_Safari_s
> _10_000_bug_fixes_other_flaws
>
> I never said Mac OS X did not have bugs / flaws / etc.(it's made by man, so
> of course there are flaws). I said there were no viruses for Macs, which is
> completely true because nobody has or can exploit those "flaws".

You called it a virus story, no one else did.
Now what you are saying is that it has vulnerabilities.
That is all.
No big deal, these are complex systems.
Obviously you will be safe from Windows vulnerabilities.
You only have Mac vulnerabilities.
Well that is until you add Bootcamp and Parallels for some essential
little pieces of niche software that only run on Windows

Your Name

"victor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hp3fkt$apa$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 02/04/10 11:01, Your Name wrote:
> > "victor"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:hp1d6g$pbe$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

in

> > vulnerabilities can

standard
> > user

and

http://www.h-online.com/security/new...less-secure-Up

> > created by

> > users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_...owser_exploits

and

> >> Seems pretty well referenced

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...tches_Safari_s
> > _10_000_bug_fixes_other_flaws
> >
> > I never said Mac OS X did not have bugs / flaws / etc.(it's made by man,

so
> > of course there are flaws). I said there were no viruses for Macs, which

is
> > completely true because nobody has or can exploit those "flaws".

> You called it a virus story, no one else did.
> Now what you are saying is that it has vulnerabilities.
> That is all.
> No big deal, these are complex systems.

I'm saying there are NO real viruses, malware, etc. for the Mac. The only
way you would ever come across such a thing is by purposely downloading and
installing it yourself.

> Obviously you will be safe from Windows vulnerabilities.
> You only have Mac vulnerabilities.

There's nothing that access those supposed vulnerabilites, so as I said,
you're 100% safe.

> Well that is until you add Bootcamp and Parallels for some essential
> little pieces of niche software that only run on Windows

Even if you use Boot Camp / Parallels / VMWare / etc., you'll only have the
problems within the Windows environment - they can not affect the Mac side
at all (the one exception may be if you're stupid enough to alow Windoze
fulll access to the Mac's hard drive and a Windoze nasty dcides to complete
delete everything).