Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Sometimes the python shell cannot recognize the presence of anattribute.

Re: Sometimes the python shell cannot recognize the presence of anattribute.

Justin Park

Sorry, my mistake.

The real problem is this.
When I started working on the package, somehow all of indentations were
made by space-bars instead of using tabs.
But when I am implementing my own on top of it, I still use tabs to make
indentations.

This is causing a problem.
I have to either conform to their style and change all my tabs to the
space-bars making up those spaces,
or change all indentations in the previous implementations by tabs.
But both the previous implementations and what I am going to do are also
so large that either way is not going to be efficient.

What can I do in order to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Justin.

Justin Park wrote:
> Sometimes when I am working on an already generated package,
> the python shell cannot perceive the presence of an attribute that I
> implemented on top of what was there.
>
> Is there a way to have it perceive newly created attributes?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin.

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Justin Park <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The real problem is this. When I started working on the package,
>somehow all of indentations were made by space-bars instead of using
>tabs. But when I am implementing my own on top of it, I still use tabs
>to make indentations.

Stop using TAB. Allowing TAB was a mistake. Spaces are the One True
Way when formatting Python code.

--Bill Harlan

Simon Brunning

.... Guido says so: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/