Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Is your technical expertise being wasted here on 24hsh?

Re: Is your technical expertise being wasted here on 24hsh?

BoaterDave

Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

floffy3

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:03:38 -0400, "BoaterDave"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

That why Many / majority use moderate forum
more acurate answer then here to 24hour supporting troll
flame and out of subjet/topic

Mike Easter

~BD~ wrote:
> Meat Plow wrote:
>> ~BD~

>>> Dave - Guessing that Peter Foldes is masquerading as me - but *why*?

Presumably you are guessing that because PF has posted with the same
version number of OE to aioe. But it would be up to aioe to determine
the IP address from which it was posted. If you complained, you could
'steer' them in the direction of PF's other posts in your complaint.

>> Did you have exclusive rights to the nickname?

> No sir, as you know full well!
>
> However, my understanding is that a forgery, using someone else's email
> address, is against the terms of service of the Aioe.org NNTP Server
> and, indeed, the TOS of Eternal-September too.

Each news server has its own policies. Each news server also has its
own methods and difficulties of enforcing those policies.

> Is this not the case?

aioe does not have a written policy about forging. Their rules only
require that the poster have a syntactically correct From. Forging
might be considered to be under the vague category of netiquette.

aioe also does not have a registration requirement; so that creates an
extra level of difficulty for them to enforce anything.

Here is their policy http://www.aioe.org/03.html and where you register
your complaint is given in the headers of their message and the
guidelines for complaining are here http://www.aioe.org/25.html

> Has anyone any experience of reporting a 'forger' for abuse to either of
> the organisations I have mentioned?

Make the complaint. Gain the experience for yourself. It is a
legitimate complaint and aioe has its methods of enforcing abuse of its
news server.

--
Mike Easter

Peter Foldes

If you can do it to me on the MS and other servers then don't complain if someone
does it to you

--
Peter

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)..uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Meat Plow wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:41:24 +0100, ~BD~
>> <(E-Mail Removed)..uk>wrote:
>>
>>> Dave - Guessing that Peter Foldes is masquerading as me - but *why*?

>> Did you have exclusive rights to the nickname?

> No sir, as you know full well!
>
> However, my understanding is that a forgery, using someone else's email address,
> is against the terms of service of the Aioe.org NNTP Server and, indeed, the TOS
> of Eternal-September too.
>
> Is this not the case?
>
> Has anyone any experience of reporting a 'forger' for abuse to either of the
> organisations I have mentioned?
>
> --
> Dave

Mike Easter

Peter Foldes wrote:
> If you can do it to me on the MS and other servers then don't complain
> if someone does it to you

I believe that if that is your defense to aioe, then they will disagree.

They will say that if you have a complaint about BD forging your email
address on some news server, then you should complain to the news server
he so posts to -- not that you get to practice such forgery using their
aioe news server.

--
Mike Easter

Bucky Breeder

"BoaterDave" <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:hos47q$bcd$(E-Mail Removed):

> Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

Sometimes my expertease just starts because
I'm thinking about her nekkid and stuff up in my mind...
That's not "wasted"; that's "preliminaries"!

And that's OK, because in about 10-minutes,
I'm fully loaded again... Whoo-whee!

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*,
that is NOT a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket;

Repent! The end is near....
So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Mike Easter

~BD~ wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:

>> Make the complaint. Gain the experience for yourself. It is a legitimate
>> complaint and aioe has its methods of enforcing abuse of its news server.

> I've considered it. It would, though, cause work for the server owner,
> for which there would be no remuneration, and I feel that would be
> unfair to waste his time. Should Peter Foldes persist in acting like an
> idiot I may reconsider my position.

The server owner takes on only whatever work he feels like he wants to.
If he doesn't think your gripe has merit, he will ignore it. If he
thinks it should be tended to, then he will do that.

He is under no special obligation to you to do anything he doesn't want
to do.

(I think) The admin of aioe feels that he has some 'extra' motivation to
run a relatively tight ship as well as he can; because his server does
not require registration, it would appear to be an easy target for those
who would do newsgroup abuse.

(I theorize that) He doesn't like for his server to be considered that
way, and I think that he goes to some lengths to enforce his ideas of
what is 'right and wrong'.

(But) I have no idea how he feels about forgery, but many news server
admins feel very strongly about it and specifically include it in their
rules. That includes those news server admins who have very liberal
policies and don't want to hear about people being rude and inflammatory.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

~BD~ wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:

>> Presumably you are guessing that because PF has posted with the same
>> version number of OE to aioe.

> No, Mike - that means detailed investigation! You are usually sharp as a
> needle, but this you missed .......

Well, sometimes people think I'm being 'defensive' when I want to turn a
fine point, but there is a (fine) difference between what you are saying
and what I am saying.

The post that PF appears to have forged in 24hshd is one thing; the
post that PF appears to have forged in a.p.s. is *another* different thing.

> In the header info. I posted, it showed that the original post was made
> in alt.privacy.spyware. In that group the 'posted by' name used was
> BoaterDave but he signed his post as Peter and used his normal sigtag
> too! That's so easy to do!

Yes. That is an illustration pasted of what happened in a.p.s.
However, that same (exact) thing did not happen in 24hshd. What
happened in 24hshd was that a presumed persona which had done a similar
thing somewhere else appeared to be doing it again here, except without
the sig 'error'/giveway.

Keep your mind open. It is possible that a third party not PF did all
of the above. Also that PF isn't really PF. The possibilities are
endless in this game.

--
Mike Easter

Aardvark

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:44:12 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> He used an *accurate* and *un-munged* address in his post!

Stop whinging and just report the ****er.

Mike Easter

~BD~ wrote:

> It's taken me years to get him to
> a group like this and Scorched-Earth. Excluding him will only push him
> towards another newsserver won't it?

And what exactly is your /purpose/ in 'get(ting) him to' this group - as
a persona who top posts unrepentant/ly and persistently torments you in
ways that you react in a disturbed way?

Does this have something to do with your personality (condition)?

--
Mike Easter