Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Medical IT

Medical IT

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Anybody else saw this news report on the new cancer treatment facility that
has opened in Christchurch?

Only worry was, the computer screens were very clearly showing that they
were running Windows XP.

<http://tvnz.co.nz/health-news/new-cancer-centre-ease-waiting-times-3438635>

Dave Taylor

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in
news:horfka$mm7$(E-Mail Removed):

> Anybody else saw this news report on the new cancer treatment facility
> that has opened in Christchurch?
>
> Only worry was, the computer screens were very clearly showing that
> they were running Windows XP.
>
> <http://tvnz.co.nz/health-news/new-ca...ting-times-343
> 8635>

It used to be Windows NT4 WS SP5 when I was backing up the machines here:
http://www.xenon-pharma.com/
but I quickly pushed that to SP6a.

I wasn't happy with that but these are SINGLE PURPOSE APPLIANCES and the
whole thing is used as a system.

The best thing about working with the scientists was they knew better
than to go surfing the midnight porn on the expensive machines.
We blocked that anyways, duh.
They are not lowest common denominator type people

https://products.appliedbiosystems.c...d=catNavigate2
&catID=600528&tab=TechSpec

I see thay are at XP now.
XP Embedded is all over the place now because it is a flexible and known
platform.
Not everyone can code QNX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QNX
, but I agree that more should try when they write for this kind of
APPLIANCE style device.

--
Ciao, Dave