Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > access files from remote server

access files from remote server

tanvi.sethi tanvi.sethi is offline
Junior Member

Hi I have an asp.net web application. I am trying to access files from remote server (on local network) and unfortunately it isnít working out. Problem is I am not sure if the error is cos the path mentioned isnít correct or is this a problem with iis7 permissions. I have set <identity impersonate="true"... in web.config file. Below is the code i am trying to access :
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + document.FileName);
Response.ContentType = document.ContentType;
String filepath = "\\<server-name>\<shared folder>\file.txt";
Response.WriteFile(filepath);
Response.End();

I have tried every possible combination of filepath string. Nothing works. Please help.