Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A 1$ Laser Printer

Reply
Thread Tools

A 1$ Laser Printer

 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2010


Yes picked up this nice and clean looking Brother HL 2040 Laser printer at
the Tip recycle shop.

Printed out the Log sheet, the Drum has a 20% life left in it but that can be
reset as long as its printing OK..

Had run out of Toner but there is a simple fix to cover the sensor holes then
its possible to get some 1000 pages or more out of it..

Plenty of info on the net for this brand of printers.

Brother has all the drivers for this model even Win 7 ones..

Grabbed all the manuals and did a online firmware update.


Plus even found the Full service manual for this series of printers.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2010
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:33:03 -0500, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>>
>> Yes picked up this nice and clean looking Brother HL 2040 Laser printer
>> at
>> the Tip recycle shop.
>>
>> Printed out the Log sheet, the Drum has a 20% life left in it but that
>> can be
>> reset as long as its printing OK..




Did you miss this bit..?

>> Had run out of Toner but there is a simple fix to cover the sensor holes
>> then
>> its possible to get some 1000 pages or more out of it..
>>
>> Plenty of info on the net for this brand of printers.
>>
>> Brother has all the drivers for this model even Win 7 ones..
>>
>> Grabbed all the manuals and did a online firmware update.

>
>So does it print?
>>
>>
>> Plus even found the Full service manual for this series of printers.
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laser Printer and Ink Jet Printer Ink Cartridge Delivery MethodPictures Please flbroker1 Computer Support 5 06-21-2009 09:42 AM
Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer @ Bona Fide Reviews Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-20-2006 02:49 AM
Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer Review at XYZ Computing Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-05-2005 01:59 PM
Epson EPL-6200 Laser Printer @ TrustedReviews Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-26-2005 02:05 AM
does HD-DVD use red-laser or blue-laser ? videogamedude@gmail.com DVD Video 30 04-25-2005 03:34 AM



Advertisments