Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Threats from cyber criminals underestimated!

Re: Threats from cyber criminals underestimated!

~BD~

BUMP!

"~BD~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Dummy
>>
>> Crossposting from here to the test.here newsgroup does not work as
>> crossposting from the test.here to this newsgroup will also not work.
>> Now that will be an issue for you since you love crossposting your
>> irrelevant dribble
>>

> Is that so, Mr Foldes? Let me experiment again!
>

> Did you know .......
>

> Microsoft leads fight against botnets
> *************************************
>

> Recently, Microsoft announced a successful, collaborative effort to
> deactivate a major botnet, called win32/Waledac.
>
> Botnets are networks of compromised personal and business computers
> controlled remotely and secretly by one or more cybercriminals.
> Botnets send massive amounts of unsolicited e-mail messages and they
> are lucrative -- their controllers get rich by scamming people into
> sending money for fraudulent purposes.
>
> Since Microsoft and others joined forces to deactivate Waledac, up to
> 90 percent of previously controlled computers have been released from
> the botnet.
>
> Prior to the botnets deactivation, Microsoft estimated that Waledac
> infected hundreds of thousands of computers around the world and had
> the capacity to send over 1.5 billion spam e-mail messages per day.
> Microsoft also found that between December 3 and December 21,
> 2009,Waledac was responsible for approximately 651 million spam e-mail
> messages directed to Hotmail accounts alone, including offers and
> scams related to online pharmacies, imitation goods, jobs, penny
> stocks, and more.
>
> For more information about the Microsoft effort to take down botnets
> and help reduce spam and fraud, see Deactivating botnets to create a
> safer, more trusted Internet.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/securitytipsta...t-botnets.aspx
>
> Or http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydo7tel
>
> --
> Dave - Help/comments welcomed!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

~BD~ wrote:

> BUMP!

Bump yer ass. Keep yer damn multi-posted, cross-posted crap in your
scorched-earth group where it belongs.

--
-bts
-If Usenet pollution were a real crime,

richard

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:02:34 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> BUMP!

<plonk!>

thund3rstruck

Evan Platt wrote:

> Ouch. That's got to hurt, being plonked by a idiot troll who can't
> even figure out how to use a filter - at least he said he killfiled me
> a few months ago, and "This will be my last reply to Evan Platt, ever"
> - and he's replied about a dozen times since then.
>
> PS: If you want to mail Richard a letter,
> Richard S. Bullis

<snip>

> Looks like he lives with <snip>

Bro, I'm all for kicking idiots online, if that's what you want to do.
However, why are you putting others not related to his being an idiot,
in potential danger?

n0i