Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Where's the description column in Explorer (W7)

Where's the description column in Explorer (W7)

M. Janmaat

Hi,

I used to be able to view the description column to see all the computer
descriptions when viewing all the computers within the domain.
But now I cannot select this column anymore. I can only select; Name,
IP-adres, Category, Workgroup, Netwerklocation, Detectionmethode and
MAC-adress.

Does anyone know how to visualize the Comuter Descritions column in
Explorer?

Kind regards,

Robert Aldwinckle

"M. Janmaat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I used to be able to view the description column to see all the computer
> descriptions when viewing all the computers within the domain.
> But now I cannot select this column anymore. I can only select; Name,
> IP-adres, Category, Workgroup, Netwerklocation, Detectionmethode and
> MAC-adress.
>
> Does anyone know how to visualize the Comuter Descritions column in
> Explorer?

On which OS? FWIW in W7 its View, Choose Details...

M. Janmaat

Thanks for reply.

W7

And, not on my system...

"Robert Aldwinckle" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "M. Janmaat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used to be able to view the description column to see all the computer
>> descriptions when viewing all the computers within the domain.
>> But now I cannot select this column anymore. I can only select; Name,
>> IP-adres, Category, Workgroup, Netwerklocation, Detectionmethode and
>> MAC-adress.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to visualize the Comuter Descritions column in
>> Explorer?

> On which OS? FWIW in W7 its View, Choose Details...

Robert Aldwinckle

"M. Janmaat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for reply.
>
> W7
>
> And, not on my system...

The menu bar doesn't show by default; in an English version of W7 press
Win-E, Alt-V,h

There actually is some help for this case in W7's otherwise disfunctional
help. Win-F1, explorer details columns Enter. Working with Files and
Folders. In fact, I guess it doesn't even imply that what you are trying
to do is possible; nevertheless, it is.

HTH

Robert
---