Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Extra blank lines from printf.

Re: Extra blank lines from printf.

Eric Sosman

On 3/24/2010 3:37 PM, Robbie Hatley wrote:
> Perhaps I'm making some newbie, bonehead mistake here, but
> I can't see what it is.[...]

Here's something I noticed:

> but what it *actually* prints is:
>
> Cels Fahr
> 40.000 104.000
>
> 40.200 104.360

.... contrasted with the source line

> printf(" Fahr Cels\n");

Note that the column headings are desrever. Also, note
that while 40 Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit, 40 Fahrenheit is
4.44 Celsius, not 104: The direction of conversion is
also desrever. The output is not from some other program,
not from the source code you showed.

--
Eric Sosman

Eric Sosman

On 3/24/2010 4:40 PM, Eric Sosman wrote:
> [...]
> Note that the column headings are desrever. Also, note
> that while 40 Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit, 40 Fahrenheit is
> 4.44 Celsius, not 104: The direction of conversion is
> also desrever. The output is not from some other program,
> not from the source code you showed.

Too much editing, not enough proofreading: That final
sentence should have been "The output is from some other
program, not from the source code you showed."

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid