Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Firefox not performing client-side validation

Firefox not performing client-side validation

Nathan Sokalski

When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

shusta guthnar

dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
internets.

happinesses to helping

shusta

On Mar 24, 3:39*pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

bigb

whut?

"shusta guthnar" wrote:

> dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> internets.
>
> happinesses to helping
>
> shusta
>

> On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > --
> > Nathan Sokalski
> > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> .

Greendot

Are you serious? "Wishings" is so not a word.

"shusta guthnar" wrote:

> dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> internets.
>
> happinesses to helping
>
> shusta
>

> On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > --
> > Nathan Sokalski
> > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> .

Aaron

dear mister shustas. all your bases will belong to us.

"shusta guthnar" wrote:

> dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> internets.
>
> happinesses to helping
>
> shusta
>

> On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > --
> > Nathan Sokalski
> > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> .

irrelevant_meme

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more
like?

"shusta guthnar" wrote:

> dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> internets.
>
> happinesses to helping
>
> shusta
>

> On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > --
> > Nathan Sokalski
> > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> .

CodeReign

Dear Mr. Guthnar,
Please don't reproduce. As every technically enabled person is aware, IE
breaks every standard and builds away from cross-platform browsing
capabilities. It still contains the same rendering problems found in IE 6.

Sincerely the technically enabled population of the planet earth.

"shusta guthnar" wrote:

> dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> internets.
>
> happinesses to helping
>
> shusta
>

> On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > --
> > Nathan Sokalski
> > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> .

Shaun

I wonder how I can jump on one of those alternative internets.

----------------------------------
http://www.sizemytires.com

"bigb" wrote:

> whut?
>
> "shusta guthnar" wrote:
>
> > dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> > fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> > on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> > very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> > many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> > the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> > internets.
> >
> > happinesses to helping
> >
> > shusta
> >

> > On Mar 24, 3:39 pm, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > When I write a custom validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class)
> > > and add a JavaScript function for client-side validation, Firefox does not
> > > use it. All my validators work perfectly fine in Internet Explorer, and I'm
> > > not using any browser-specific JavaScript or getting any JavaScript errors,
> > > so what am I doing wrong? Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Nathan Sokalski
> > > (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

> > .

createdevelop

Poor fox, getting used like that.
--
http://www.creativedevelopment.com.au

"Shaun" wrote:

> I wonder how I can jump on one of those alternative internets.
>
> ----------------------------------
> http://www.sizemytires.com
>

> "bigb" wrote:
>
> > whut?
> >
> > "shusta guthnar" wrote:
> >
> > > dear mister nathans. your validatorness will rarely work with the
> > > fox. the foxes is haveing much confusion when validation are needed
> > > on pages because when many users are using the fox at one time it get
> > > very confusing. go use your internet explorers only and you will have
> > > many successes and happinesses in your hearts because this is doing
> > > the most best needful. wishings you many happinesses in your computer
> > > internets.
> > >
> > > happinesses to helping
> > >
> > > shusta

> > > .

Jesse Liberty

I'm chagrined and embarrassed by these replies. I have no idea whether
English is Mr. Shustas first language, but the ridicule heaped upon him is
personally obnoxious and creates an atmosphere that stifles the kind of
discussion that is the heart and soul of these forums.

Assuming that Mr. Shustas was doing his best to convey his thoughts in a
second language, and that the replies were intended to be as patronizing as
they sounded, then I would like to apologize to Mr. Shustas; Americans are
believed in much of the world to be arrogant and intolerant; my experience is
generally the opposite, and I would like to believe these responses were
either intended as humor or are an aberration.

[Writing for myself alone and not expressing the opinions of any
organization, employer or others]