Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > UK Freview V NZ

UK Freview V NZ

Frank Williams

Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=

Freeview is a total joke here.

Your Name

"Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
> >
> >http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
> >AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
> >
> >Freeview is a total joke here.

I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

> Freeview NZ is just a replication of what the analog feed is and
> that's not very much..

Nope. There are extra channels which you can't get without either a Freeview
or SkyTV box ... although granted, most of the shows are rubbish and
repeats. There are also more channels planned (whether they actually turn up
is anyone's guess though).

J.Wilson

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Frank Williams wrote:
>> Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
>>

>> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
>> AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
>>
>> Freeview is a total joke here.

> More than sufficient channels to carry the scant program material that I would consider
> worthwhile.
>
> geoff

such an incredible waste of an opportunity to educate, home school,
course lecture etc.

me

On Mar 24, 11:09*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
>
> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3...4/201010:00:00
> AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
>
> Freeview is a total joke here.

Do you have a mental disorder that stops you being able to count
properly? UK Freeview has 50 TV channels, and 24 radio channels. NZ
Freeview has 13 tv channels.

Gordon

On 2010-03-24, geoff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Frank Williams wrote:
>> Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
>>

>> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
>> AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
>>
>> Freeview is a total joke here.

> More than sufficient channels to carry the scant program material that I
> would consider worthwhile.

Yes, but the lowest common denonimator rules 80% of them okay?

FWIW I have been enjoying TV6 of late. No ads. It is amazing the difference
this makes.

Strange but Iwould be ready to donate some money to TV6. Freedom from serial
ads is worth money to me.

Now some one will say record the shows and flick past the ads. Yes...

Gordon

On 2010-03-24, Your Name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
>> >
>> >http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
>> >AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
>> >
>> >Freeview is a total joke here.

> I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
> with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
> in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
population there are more people in in one "group".

The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.

Your Name

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-03-24, Your Name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
> > with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have

channels
> > in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

> Whoa! Kiwis are diverse.

I think you mispelled "perverse".

> What you mean is that because of the higher
> population there are more people in in one "group".
>
> The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.

That's what I said. :-\

Frank Williams

On 25 Mar 2010 04:57:58 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2010-03-24, Your Name <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Mutlley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
>> with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
>> in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).
>>

>Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
>population there are more people in in one "group".
>
>The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.

And what is NZ made off..?

victor

On 25/03/10 21:29, Frank Williams wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2010 04:57:58 GMT, Gordon<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-03-24, Your Name<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Mutlley"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
>>> with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
>>> in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).
>>>

>> Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
>> population there are more people in in one "group".
>>
>> The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.
>>

> And what is NZ made off..?

Fish, according to the natives who were here at the time.

Your Name

In article <hogsg7$nln$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, victor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 25/03/10 21:29, Frank Williams wrote:

> >> Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
> >> population there are more people in in one "group".
> >>
> >> The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.
> >>

> > And what is NZ made off..?

> Fish, according to the natives who were here at the time.

That would definitely explain why it's "off" by now.