Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Connect to Internet

Connect to Internet

Robert Ayotte

System
Windows 2003 R2 SP2 fully patched.

Workstation
WinXP Pro SP3 fully patched.

Have cable modem goes to my Linksys router.
From router to nic1 on server
from nic2 on server to Linksys switch
from switch to workstation.

Can access internet from server with no troubles.
Have RAS with Nat setup
internal IP range 192.168.0.x
nic1 is 192.168.1.101 (goes to router)

Problem!!!!
If I set a static IP on the workstation, all is OK.
If I set to DHCP on workstation, I can ping server etc, but I cannot get out
to the internet.

Can someone help please? Unable to make this work. Tried different
solutions, even using the "Manage Server" wizard to set the DNS, DHCP etc up
and still the same problem.

With the wizard, it set my nic1 to 192.168.1.100
Set my internal to 192.168.0.x also.

Thanks in advance
Robert
remove 1st "1"