Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Spike Blows Into Town And Poses For The 200/2!!!

Re: Spike Blows Into Town And Poses For The 200/2!!!

Robert Coe

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
: Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all but
: given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and erect.
: And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is in
: front of the old D3.
:
: <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>

Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?

Bob

Bowser

"Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
> but
> : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
> erect.
> : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
> in
> : front of the old D3.
> :
> : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
>
> Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
>
> Bob

It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

James Nagler

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <ReNpn.237$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bowser
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:31:30 -0400, "Larry Thong"
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> > wrote:
>> > : Amazingly enough spike is back in town after a long absense! I had all
>> > but
>> > : given up hope on ever seeing him again. He's still standing tall and
>> > erect.
>> > : And, of course, he's not camera shy in the slightest when the 200/2 is
>> > in
>> > : front of the old D3.
>> > :
>> > : <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spike.jpg>
>> >
>> > Now why did I think that Spike was probably a dog?
>> >
>> > Bob

>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

>Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear to troll
a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with that troll. This
must be just like everyone else without talent. Throw more money at what
you want to do, that'll fix it!

LOL!

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:48:21 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>James Nagler wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

>> When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear
>> to troll a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with
>> that troll. This must be just like everyone else without talent.
>> Throw more money at what you want to do, that'll fix it!

>The only type more reprehensible is the one who blows into a newsgroup
>to unload some kind of cathartic charge and whose entire ouvre
>consists in polluting the area with such excreta.

Awww... whatsa matter Boobie! Strike a nerve did it? The shoe fit so tight
that it pinched your toes?

LOL!!!!

J. Clarke

On 3/22/2010 2:03 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> Elliott Roper wrote:

>>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

>> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
>> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.

> I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the
> moniker "Spike."

Several of them. Spike is or was a GBH with an object much like the one
depicted protruding from his throat. IIRC the Fish and Wildlife people
finally caught him and did the necessary repairs.

Bruce

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:37:14 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Spike is or was a GBH with an object much like the one
>depicted protruding from his throat. IIRC the Fish and Wildlife people
>finally caught him and did the necessary repairs.

Under Canon warranty?

Tim Conway

> On 2010-03-22 10:50:26 -0700, "Frank ess" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>> Elliott Roper wrote:

>>> Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

>> Wait a minute. I /know/ Spike. Spike is a friend of mine. Take my word
>> for it: that's no spike. More like a stake.

> I seem to remember a GBH in either a Bret or a Rita shot, with the moniker
> "Spike."

There for a while there Bret had a lunch-time model that was a GBH called
Spike. He had several good photos and then the wildlife commission came and
rehabilitated the bird or so I've surmised. They were good photos except
for the nail (spike) coming out its neck. GBH's are cool. One of the most
graceful birds in flight to see.

Peter

"James Nagler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:30:29 +0000, Elliott Roper <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <ReNpn.237$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bowser
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> It's not, but you've got to admit, the pic blows.

>>Sure it does, but it sucked us all in to have a look!

> When a talentless troll needs to buy $15,000 worth of camera gear to troll
> a newsgroup, there's obviously something very wrong with that troll. This
> must be just like everyone else without talent. Throw more money at what
> you want to do, that'll fix it!

Do we really know who the equipment owner is?

--
Peter
Just a thought

Annika1980

On Mar 22, 7:23*pm, "Tim Conway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There for a while there Bret had a lunch-time model that was a GBH called
> Spike. *He had several good photos and then the wildlife commission came and
> rehabilitated the bird or so I've surmised. *They were good photos except
> for the nail (spike) coming out its neck. *GBH's are cool. *One of the most
> graceful birds in flight to see.

Actually, the wildlife guy told me they would probably injure the bird
worse if they tried to capture him. The spike eventually worked it's
way out on it's own.

You can see pics of Spike starting here:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/68412685

Annika1980

On Mar 22, 8:17*pm, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Do we really know who the equipment owner is?

Yes.

And it ain't me. As if I would ever shoot with a Nikon.