Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Adding Controls To The Visual Studio 2008 Toolbox

Adding Controls To The Visual Studio 2008 Toolbox

Nathan Sokalski

I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to add
to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have done
this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it this
time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not
get added inherits from System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, and I am
wondering if the fact that it is inheriting from an HtmlControl has anything
to do with the fact that it is not being added to the Toolbox. This control
works perfectly fine, and I am able to use it perfectly fine in my Web
Applications, so the code does not have any problems. Why is this control
not being added to the Toolbox like the other controls? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Mr. Arnold

"Nathan Sokalski" wrote:

> I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to add
> to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have done
> this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it this
> time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not
> get added inherits from System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlAnchor, and I am
> wondering if the fact that it is inheriting from an HtmlControl has anything
> to do with the fact that it is not being added to the Toolbox. This control
> works perfectly fine, and I am able to use it perfectly fine in my Web
> Applications, so the code does not have any problems. Why is this control
> not being added to the Toolbox like the other controls? Thanks.

Are you getting any error messages? I reccently addrd the DomainDataSource
Web Control to the Toolbox for a project I was working. The dll for the
control had dependecies to two other DLL's that needed to be in the location
of the DLL I was trying to add to the Toolbox.

Nathan Sokalski

Not, it is not giving me any error messages, it is simply not adding the one
control almost as if it didn't exist (I almost wish it was giving an error
message, then I would at least have some idea where to start as far as
figuring out what the problem was!).
--
Nathan Sokalski
(E-Mail Removed)