Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Red x in pictures

Reply
Thread Tools

Red x in pictures

 
 
Billy Demers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2010
I am using Windows Vista for an OS and am having problems viewing photos on
some sites. I've googled and checked in Internet Options to ensure my 'show
pictures' was checked but still having problems. I am using Avast for my
anti virus. It was suggested I turn off the 'bug' option but I can't find it

Thanks for any help

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2010
"Billy Demers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:HyNon.44642$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am using Windows Vista for an OS and am having problems viewing
> photos on some sites. I've googled and checked in Internet Options to
> ensure my 'show pictures' was checked but still having problems. I am
> using Avast for my anti virus. It was suggested I turn off the 'bug'
> option but I can't find it
>
> Thanks for any help
>


Give a url.

You *do* have adobe flash installed right? How about Microsoft .Net or
Java (only *one*)?

Some sites use flash or java code instead of a simple hypertext command.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-19-2010
chuckcar wrote:

> Some sites use flash or java code instead of a simple hypertext
> command.


Show me a site with 'java code' instead of a simple hypertext command.

--
-bts
-HTML is not commands; it's markup
 
Reply With Quote
 
freemont
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2010
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:01:41 +0000, chuckcar writ:

> "Billy Demers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:HyNon.44642$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I am using Windows Vista for an OS and am having problems viewing
>> photos on some sites. I've googled and checked in Internet Options to
>> ensure my 'show pictures' was checked but still having problems. I am
>> using Avast for my anti virus. It was suggested I turn off the 'bug'
>> option but I can't find it
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>>
>>

> Give a url.
>
> You *do* have adobe flash installed right? How about Microsoft .Net or
> Java (only *one*)?


What does that have to do with rendering of images?

> Some sites use flash or java code instead of a simple hypertext command.


What does that have to do with rendering of images?

And how does a site use "java code" in place of a hyperlink (which I
assume you meant by "hypertext command", a term new to web design)?

More from Chuck Nonsequitard.
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
⁂ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:
http://24hoursupport-tards.info
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> ※freemont※ <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fs: Detroit Red Wings, Red Alert - Hockeytown 3 sonof3m DVD Video 0 12-17-2004 12:59 AM
Datawrite Red (V3) Red - DVD-R's Alex B Computer Support 3 07-16-2004 12:08 AM
Nikon 3100 red pictures Marc Digital Photography 1 02-27-2004 09:38 PM
Problems view charts/pictures in IE6 - red cross displayed instead James Doyle Computer Support 4 01-16-2004 01:18 AM
Red Hat Defines end of Red Hat Linux steve NZ Computing 14 11-06-2003 06:19 AM



Advertisments